Monday, September 12, 2011

Disrupted Lives



Product Details 

By Brenda Youngerman

Disrupted Lives is a wonderfully written novel of family and the effects of adoption. We are able to see into the lives of both families, going back several generations. This enables us to understand the family dynamics and role of each character.

Brenda Youngerman creates characters that are well developed and genuine. She has a gift for creating authentic dialogue, with interactions and situations that are sincere and heartfelt.

Disrupted Lives does well in describing the complexities of old Southern family traditions and the effect on future generations, including issues of “old money”, status and class. These issues play into the situation of adoption and the child’s future role in such a family.

Brenda Youngerman is a talented author. She has written several novels, each with a message. She is well known for her creative thinking, including the story of Disrupted Lives. I felt this was an interesting novel, with important points to both make and consider. As always, Brenda never disappoints. She keeps her promise of writing “Fiction with a Purpose”, with important messages that leave you thinking.


A Brief Interview with …Brenda Youngerman


1. What do you find to be the most challenging part about keeping your writing fresh?
I have a habit of writing the same story over and over again about college and dorm life...and I NEED to stop doing that! I do not want to be the author that is SO predictable that all my stories are the same but with different named characters. Obviously the issues are different...but life still takes similar paths.

2.  Do you ever worry that you are going to be classified as an author that writes about the same thing all the time? 
Oh Yeah!!!! Especially after Hidden Truths came out...that was the third novel that dealt with domestic abuse. I have so many other issues that are important to me and I don't want to be boxed into ONLY speaking about domestic abuse...Please don't get me wrong. Domestic abuse is HUGE in my mind and needs to be discussed - but I don't want to be known as the "author that writes about domestic abuse."

3. What motivates you?
The idea that maybe someone will pick up a book and realize they are not alone. There is help, they can get help OR specifically in the case of Sorrowed Souls - someone can pick up a book and look at a homeless person in a totally different light - they are a human being who is down on their luck - they deserve the respect every human being deserves. Eye contact is not such a bad thing!

4. Do you feel like you have kept up with the new 'technological' world?
Oh heck no! I still haven't figured out facebook!

5. Has blogging helped you reach a new audience?
Most definitely! I would never have met you! What is amazing to me though is that although I have met so many wonderful new friends - I am not a salesman and most of them don't even know that I'm an author!
6. If you had one full day to talk with someone - anyone - who would it be?
Eleanor Roosevelt. She was a woman who was raised in wealth and spent time with those impoverished. She never let her station in life allow her to forget humanity. I wish the politicians today would remember that once in a while. What are we if we are not human beings first?

7. Can you name three people who have influenced you the most in your life?
My mother, My daughter, my ex-husband

8. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
dog, dog, dog, dog, dog

9. Do you procrastinate or plan?
I am a planner  --- and then I procrastinate.

10. How many books are you in the process of writing right now?
Well, I am currently writing one on paper (computer) and two in my head.


Brenda Youngerman, Author
Fiction with a Purpose
One person can make a difference
Follow my blog

Disrupted Lives is now available
http://sbpra.com/brendayoungerman

4 comments:

  1. thank you so much for such a great review...
    for being my friend...
    and WOW - this looks so impressive in writing! tee hee hee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am proud and privileged to have you as a friend, and to do this with you.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this was a great interview!!!! Don't you just love Brenda & her books?

    ReplyDelete