Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Weekly Front Porch Chat


It's time to join Patrice on the porch for a chat! She poses questions. We then link up to answer and discuss them. Here are this weeks questions and my answers.
1. Tell me a fond memory of an elderly person?
Before I was married, I worked in a Catholic retirement home. I became very attached to a 96 year old woman named, Lily. Lily suffered from severe dementia, but she and I developed a bond. She was feisty, outspoken and cute as a button! I adored her; she recognized me and would acknowledge it. When Bill and I became serious (after four years of friendship), I wanted him to meet Lily. We went to visit her. After chatting for a couple of minutes, she whispered, rather loudly, "Who's he? He's cute!" . We all burst into laughter, as I introduced them and explained who Bill was.
2. What's your favorite flavor of jam or jelly?
I love strawberry or peach anything!
3. What goes through your mind when you drive by one of those whopping, huge houses that look like something in a magazine?
"What a whopping, huge waste of money and space!" Many years ago, we bought a home across from a lake. It is an older, unincorporated area, once used for seasonal lake recreation, as well as small town USA. After a few years, our lovely view of the cedar trees, willow trees, wildlife and lake became suddenly obstructed! Yes, now we have whopping, huge houses there. *sigh*
4. What's your favorite way to relax?
A trip up to the Northwoods always enables me to relax. If I can't do that, peace & quiet, a comfy blanket, a cat, good book and my easy chair will have to do. (A cup of tea, coffee or cocoa will make helps, too.)
5. What's your favorite kind of pasta?
I love Fettuccine with Alfredo sauce, broccoli, & shrimp!
As always, thank you Patrice. You & Wendell are wonderful. I love these visits! Hugs!



7 comments:

  1. so cute!! I loved these questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your answers...it's funny the way we are so jam specific...I can only eat peach on a peanut butter sandwich...or apricot...the color?

    And raspberry on toast...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers! Love the story for #1 Thanks for stopping by earlier :) I'm sure I will be visiting your lovely blog again :)
    God bless,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so pleased to read about your bond with Lily. My Mom has Alzheimer's and I watched many of her friends back away. A few have hung in with us and are a great source of comfort to us.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I worked in a nursing home way back one summer and grew very fond of one of the elderly women there. It's amazing how much fun some of the elderly can be - and ornery too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dad and his wife have a house on the lake and they used to enjoy lovely views too. Now all we see across the lake are huge houses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lily sounds wonderful!What a shame that the lovely lake is surrounded by all of that pride. Not to mention- you never get the plain land back. That's why I fight so hard for farms. I hate seeing houses where crops once were. The fettuccine sounds wonderful. I haven't made that in about a year- hmm? Nope. I don't have the ingredients today. Oh well, maybe after the next grocery trip. :)
    Have a good upcoming weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your time & thoughts. Please leave your email address, or link it to your profile, so I can respond to you directly. Thank you!