Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Sharing Love


Bill and I have gotten used to being apart for special days. This is not by choice, but: “It is what it is.” We adjust, because the love is important every day.

I was surprised when Bill called and said I may need to pick him up at the truck stop yesterday. It was Valentine’s Day! Of course, things can change quickly and often in trucking; I knew not to get my hopes up. He passes near our home often on his way from The Yard to his Rust Belt route. He said that he would call me as he got closer to his destination.

He did, too. I picked him up mid-day. He brought home a wonderful lunch for two, with a nice dessert, chocolates, and roses for me! He even brought the critters treats! I cannot express how much this meant to all of us.

Bill was then able to sleep in his own bed, before going back to the truck last night. Grizelda, his “nap buddy”, was thrilled. When he naps, she always joins him, running into the bedroom to meet him on the bed! He used to call her, but now she anticipates it when she sees him head into the bedroom. Everyone needs their time with Dad.

So, this year Valentine’s Day was extra-special. I loved having the gift of my husband at home, where he belongs. The love that we share with each other and our family is what keeps us going when we have to be apart. Indeed: this was a very happy Valentine’s gift!


Shared with:
"LOVE.  What, or Who are you lovin' lately?"

21 comments:

  1. I am so happy you got to spend Valentine's Day with Bill. How sweet to get treats for the furbabies too. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. annie...this is awesome.....we hope bill didn't get a speeding ticket trying to hurry home.....oh wait...that was stella !! ☺☺☺ ♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep...hey, maybe that is why he is not allowed to take pets, now! *wink*

      Delete
  3. What a special day! It sounds like it was a wonderful Valentine's Day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a beautiful Valentine's Day full of love :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Snoopy Dance for having him home on this special day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is so wonderful to have that special time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very happy for both of you that you could be together on Valentine Day and Bill is such a thoughtful husband to bring you all those gifts.

    Hugs, Julia


    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like a very nice Valentines for you, your hubby, and the fur kids. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awe, glad you were able to spend Valentine's Day together

    ReplyDelete
  10. Annie, it does indeed sound like a wonderful and memorable Valentine's Day. I am so happy you and Bill were able to spend the time together. I continue to pray for you and Chloe Jo. I hope you are beginning to feel better. Love and hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful that you and Bill and the kids got to spend Valentine's together. Memorable, special and love-filled, all in one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The best Valentine's Gift of all!! I know too, because this was probably only the 3rd Valentines Day in our 17 years together that Left Brain actually had the day off. It's quite a different holiday when you are actually WITH the one you love. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Annie, I'm happy to hear you and Bill got to spend a lovely Valentine's Day together. He did alright, didn't he? I can tell he's a man who loves his gal (and furbabies)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am happy you had Valentine's Day together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A little late with my comment but how sweet. 🌹

    ReplyDelete