We are happy you are here for another week of friendly sharing! As always, you can find the fill-ins here and at 15andmeowing.comeach Thursday. On Fridays, we post the linky for sharing. The first two fill-ins are always provided by Ellen. The final two statements are offered by myself. You are welcome to answer in the comments, but if you link up, even more people can share!
We are fast approaching the “Dog Days” of Summer. Sorry, Cat Friends. Ask Chloe Jo and her Dog, Stella. It is true. I hope you are staying cool and comfortable, whether you have fur or not. Personally, I look forward to Autumn.
The Summer heat here has been miserable. It has also spawned heavy rain storms. We have had historic flooding. Living on a Chain-of -Lakes, flooding is a very real problem for many. One day last week, we got 8” of rain. It came fast and hard, in a matter of hours. The rivers, channels, and lakes are still high. We are expecting more rain, too.
Maggie is holding her own. She is still her sweet, loving self. Chloe Jo is beginning to feel more relaxed. Thank you for your prayers. I believe in the powers within. Thank you for your friendship, too. There are powers in that, too. It helps to know that others care. None of us are perfect, so acceptance and friendship are priceless gifts. Thank you. Please know that I care, too. I have been writing a lot. I plan to share my dog stories here very soon. After that, I plan to share my cat stories. I have learned so much from each one. I believe that is worth sharing. I hope you will enjoy them, too.
We have a busy weekend of errands and chores planned. Please know that I will be by to visit as soon as I have computer time. I hope you enjoy a blessed weekend of whatever makes you happy. Hugs.
Okay, here are my completed fill-ins:
1. My favourite thing on my daily to-do list is talking to Bill. We always talk first thing in the morning and the last thing at night, as well as in-between. He is on the road 5-6 days a week, every week. His job as a trucker exposes him to many dangerous situations. He drives 53’ trailers, Conestogas, and flatbeds filled with steel. This adds another level of worry to a trucker's already dangerous job. Knowing that he is safe and well is critical. Once I know he is okay, I can go on with my day.
2. My least favourite thing on my daily to-do list is making phone calls. It is worse when it is any kind of business. Too often, I have to speak to several people, be put on hold, and then have to explain all over to the next person…only to end up disconnected and forced to start over. *Good grief.*
3. I could really do without hot and humid weather. Really; I could live without it entirely. I just don't breathe well in this kind of weather. But, this too, shall pass. I don't give up easily. *wink* Humour sustains me.
4. I would love to have more free time for Bill. He needs more time to have fun, do things at a relaxed pace, and sometimes, just do what he would like to do. It seems he rarely gets to do things like that. Hopefully, that will improve in the near future.
~Stay safe in this Summer heat!~
Now, it's your turn. Please link up with us here. Or, you can answer in the comments.
I have been wanting to share my dog stories for quite some time. These were originally published several years ago in a physical literary magazine. We published them as a series titled, "Life Lessons From My Dogs". I was pleased to be able to share my dogs and what I learned from each one.
I have been rewriting these stories, editing and clarifying what I needed to share. I think I am ready to share them here. I will share them in order of when they entered my life. I will try to share their story and our relationship. I will also share what they taught me about dogs, life, and often even myself.
Velvet was my first dog. You will be meeting her very soon. I think you will love her. I do.
Every Thursday, Ellen of 15andmeowingand I provide the fill-in statements. Please come back on Friday, when we post our answers with a link-up. Learning about each other and making friends is what it is all about!
Here are this week's statements with the blanks:
Week 63: July 21, 2017
1. My favourite thing on my daily to-do list is _________________.
2. My least favourite thing on my daily to-do list is ________________.
Maggie may not know Shakespeare; she may even think that Hamlet is food. But, she has sleeping and dreaming down to an artform. As time passes, she continues to perfect her art. Her health issues are slowly taking their toll, but she remains true to her sweet self. As long as she is comfortable and happy, that is what is important. Sweet dreams, Maggie.