Monday, April 25, 2011

Bloom

Today while doing my morning meditation, I was enjoying Nature. I watched the many different birds at the feeders. I noticed the squirrels chasing each other up and down the trees. I was amazed at all of the colourful flowers. I don't remember having planted some of the flowers, though. I see these as beautiful surprises, special gifts from heaven. I then recalled something I have often heard. I am not sure who first said these words, though they have been quoted often. I share them here and now: "Bloom where you're planted."

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely sentiment. It applies to so many things. Sometimes we're planted in situations that we did not necessarily choose, but that does not mean that one cannot bloom. Just as the seeds from a flower may be transplated by an insect or the wind - it can still bloom, thrive, and inspire wherever it happens to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow, I'M A CAT LOVER TOO! My cat's name is Devon, but we call him Mr. Poo-Poo. You wrote on my website today (WRITE ON), and I just subscribed to your blog. I LOVE YOUR BLOG! And you love nature too, much like myself! I will definitely be following you! Anything dealing with nature, and especially cats, I'm a fan! Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Stacey. You got exactly what I meant. That's what I really like about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice McGuffy Ann! I hope you have a wonderful (& blossoming) week....

    ReplyDelete