Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Simple Weight


by Tania Runyan


Tania Runyan bases this book of poetry on the Beatitudes of the Bible. However, as is the nature of poetry, it is not as simple as just that.

In this book, Tania gives us her interpretation, her personal viewpoint, illustrating them through her experiences. Whether speaking of something as simplistic as an insect or as important as her own child, she does so with her heart and soul.

Tania Runyan offers a poetry book that is indeed simple, yet it has weight.
I recommend it, wholeheartedly.  



1 comment:

  1. I love poetry and this sounds great! Thanks for the review and now I must ask... does anyone else find poetry easier to penetrate when read with a group? I think I need other minds to fully stimulate the depth of a poem or I'm likely to say, "ah, cool. Sweet. Yay. Next?"
    Cheers,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete