Monday, May 2, 2011

Be Kind to Animals Week!

It is "Be Kind to Animals Week". I think this is very important to share with you and with all of the animals. 

Maybe this week we could be especially doting on our pets. Perhaps we could give them a special treat, or take them somewhere they like to go. Maybe we could spend more time with them, just petting them and talking to them. 

Some things we need to remember too, are the commitments we made when we adopted our animal friend. We need to make sure they are current with their vaccinations. In addition to that, they need regular check-ups and proper diets. We need to make sure their housing and bedding is clean and safe, as well. 

This week is not only for pets though. We need to be kind to all animals. We can feed the birds and put out bird baths for them. There are many organizations we can take part in or join. We can read and learn more about animals in our surrounding environment, in which we live.

Many wise words have been spoken regarding animals and their place in the world. One of my favourite quotes is by one of the wisest men of recent times. Taking into consideration all that is going on in the world, I think this is especially relevant. Mahatma Gandhi said:

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

4 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes! All animals are such a huge an joyous part of my life. The quote by Gandhi is my favorite, and I'm actually using it in my new novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!! So true! Lets make it every week though! Mine are like my children, Lord knows they play up when I'm on the phone the same, the little cherubs! Nice Post as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! Great post!

    Besides doting on my pets, I also regularly throw out critter mix for the birds, bunnies and squirrels that come into my backyard.

    Also, I recently signed up to volunteer at our local humane society. My orientation is next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this with me wee little dude sitting in my lap escaping the frenzied play of Roxie. Reese never gets a moments peace! Unless I'm not home. Apparently, the insanity only ensues when "mom's" attention is to be garnered!
    I'm for every week, but it's nice to have a special week, too. I think I'll borrow the Gandhi quote for my Facebook status. :D

    Cheers!
    E

    ReplyDelete