Saturday, July 30, 2011

Proof of Heaven

Product Details




By Mary Curran Hackett





This very special novel is inspired by a personal event that the author experienced. After writing about it, she left it untouched for quite some time. Upon coming across it later, she was inspired to turn it into this book.

The child at the heart of this novel is Colm. He is a very seriously ill little boy, who is very unsure about the hereafter in spite of his mother’s faith. To make things more difficult for him, he has a desire to reunite with the father who remains absent from his life.

 Mary Curran Hackett draws upon her own experiences and beliefs in writing this heartfelt and emotionally driven book. Dealing with questions of life and death, and health and illness, she tries to make sense of it all. At the very heart of the matter is simple faith.

The book does not preach or try to persuade you to believe in anything. It tells the story of a mother and her child. It presents very real issues, while leaving the reader room to decide for themselves what they believe.

Ultimately, this is a very special novel that handles serious life and death situations with both sensitivity and respect. Mary Curran Hackett and her book are to be admired and appreciated.

4 comments:

  1. We'd love to have you join us for the photo challenges! I'll post a new one tomorrow probably. You can join this one if the blue button is still active, I can't remember the completed date I set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover! I also like the fact that the book deals with real issues (my favorite kind!) and then doesn't preach (also my favorite kind!) You might just have sold a book!!!

    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm fascinated by the premise of this book and must admit that I'm drawn to the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup. Definitely one to add to my TBR pile and my Goodreads folder. Off to check Amazon to see if they have it in Kindle.

    Judy, South Africa

    ReplyDelete