Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Time Out

Storms came through the "Chain of Lakes" again. Wind gusts were up to 80MPH. Power lines fell, trees came down, damage was extensive. Fortunately, our property remained intact, including Dewey's birdhouse.

We did lose our Internet connection, however. So I was forced to spend the day reading. It made me think, too. We are so dependent on "power": our TV, phones, computers, various devices, all powered by something other than our own selves (like a good old fashioned tangible paper book). I really must admit this includes me!

I often feel guilty that I don't keep up with my Facebook page. Some people wonder what happened to me! I do try to keep up with my blog though, and am very proud of it. I have many upcoming book reviews and additions to my pages.

I want to take the time to thank my beautiful friend Andrea: for her artwork, help, support, and constant friendship. She is amazing!

I also want to thank my followers, every one of you, from the bottom of my heart. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. I sometimes almost wish my power would go out so I would be forced to sit and read. I LOVE to read, so I don't know why it feels like a chore sometimes anymore. I think electronics have definitely taken over a bit. I think I'll go back to having my daughters read for 30 minutes as quiet time before bed, and I will join them. The power going out in 110 degree weather really wouldn't be ideal.

    ReplyDelete