Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch: 16




It's time to join Patrice over at Everyday Ruralty for a nice Farmhouse Porch Chat.


The questions this week are:

1. Dreaming asks: What accomplishments make you the most proud?
2. Suzanne asks: When did your family first come to the country which you now live?
3. Wendell asks: What's your favorite way to serve carrots?
4. Do you decorate with anything that has Santa or Father Christmas when you prepare for Christmas?
5. Do you prefer big dogs or small dogs? Something in between, maybe?


My Answers are:

1. The accomplishments that make me the most proud are those associated my writing. Even more however, are those associated when I overcome some struggle (health, personal, life lessons).
2. Good grief! My family is far-flung and fragmented! I know some relatives have been traced back to 1652, from England to America. However, there were Cherokee here already!
3. Wendell, I'm with you...I like them raw and fresh!
4. My husband, Bill, loves St. Nicholas ("Santa"). We do believe...
5. We love dogs! Our biggest was our yellow lab, Grits. He was our first "FurKid" together. We already had my elderly "mutt" Velvet, who looked like a small black beagle. We have had many in-between, through the years. I admit I am very fond of Shelties, in part due to size. Maisie was 14 lbs. She was perfect, in every way. We love critters!

Please join us on Patrice's Porch over at Everyday Ruralty!



3 comments:

  1. Wendell is so happy that someone mentioned him. He promises to share his carrots with you if he ever meets you!Thanks for joining in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I had to laugh at the We do believe line. Yeah, I'm with you on that score, I believe, too. At least in the idea of Santa. Like my former pastor once said, "As long as there are moms and dads, then there is Santa."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that raw carrots are great, too, especially in salads.

    I love the name "Velvet" for your mutt. Such a sweet name and is certainly inviting. :)

    I'm a new follower from Patrice's porch. Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete