It's time to visit Patrice, and Wendell, of course. Come with me to Everyday Ruralty for a chat on their porch. The questions this week are:
- What's your favorite day of the week? Why?
- What's your favorite Christmas movie?
- Is there a Christmas Carol that's special to you?
- Is there an art or craft that you'd love to be able to do?
- Do you have a live Christmas tree or an artificial one?
1. My favorite day of the week is Sunday. We usually sleep in a little longer than usual, and most Sundays are NASCAR or football...or both! Ultimately, it is also a good day to just spend time together. Thankfully, Bill & I both enjoy the same things.
2. I have a few favorite Christmas movies. I love "The Gift of Love", with Marie Osmond. It is really a version of "The Gift of the Magi", by O. Henry. I also love "A Christmas Story" ("You'll shoot your eye out!"). And I love all of the Muppet movies and specials, as well as Peanuts. (Truth be known, my inner-child is still very much a part of me!)
3. I have many favorite carols, so it is hard to pick just one. "O', Holy Night" brings me to tears.
4. I always wished that I could crochet. I wish I could make throws and sweaters and scarves...I just never learned.
5. We have a live tree. However, we are conscientious about making sure trees are replenished. Tree farms are good for this, and there are several in our rural area. We also compost ours after it has served as our Christmas tree. It becomes part of the next year's garden!
Thanks for the visit Patrice and Wendell! Hugs!