Friday, January 13, 2012

Follow Friday Four Fill-In Fun

            
Every week Hilary of Feeling Beachie hosts this fun "Hop". She poses four statements for the reader to complete. This week her co-host is Tami from Empty Nest in Illinois. If you have ideas for statements, please let Hilary know!

This week’s statements:
1. I have never eaten ___
2. I like to ___ in ___
3. If I could go back and change one thing, it would be _______.
4. My greatest _____ for my ______ is ______.

My Answers:
1. I have never eaten bugs. I know some people have, admit it or not! I know it can be a cultural thing, or whatever...not me, no way, no how, not ever.
2. I like to write in the middle of the night, when I can truly hear my soul.
3. If I could go back and change one thing, it would be to spend more time with my father. I spent most of my life missing him, and I will spend the rest of my life missing him. It was not by choice, but rather circumstance; not all families are functional. If you have a dad, please appreciate him, if you can.
4. My greatest wish for my husband & I is to retire in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, where we can fish and commune with nature until the sun sets on our lives.

Please go visit Hilary, and Tami, too. Have a wonderful weekend! 

7 comments:

  1. I love to write at night, too when the kids are in bed and the house is quiet. But I rarely do it because I'm usually in bed, too... I love my sleep and if I don't get a full 7-8 hours a night, I'm a big mess in the morning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya I don't think I would ever eat a bug. I like to write and read at night. My family is very dysfunctional, sorry about your dad.

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have swallowed a fly or two but not deliberately!! LOL!! Silly flies!! Trust me I almost fainted with horror when I couldn't spit them out!!

    Awww may your lovely wish come true! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bugs, yuck.. I agree with you about wishing I had spent more time with my dad...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have eaten chocolate covered ants on a dare ,,, they weren't bad, but I draw the line on ants ... they are just crunchy, not chewey like I imagine bigger bugs to be.
    I love that you hear your sole at night ... I used to do that, now if I move I have cats and a dog all over me. Kind of hard to be creative when you are trying to protect yourself.
    I understand what you are saying about your Dad. I was blessed to have spent a lot of time with my Dad and I wouldn't trade it.
    As for you and the UP ... I will be already in a better place or you will have a constant visitor ... Now, is this enough comment?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrea...thanks for commenting!
    Leave it to you to eat bugs!
    When it comes to writing, I work around the critters! You know it would take more than that! Someone is always on me!
    If you are referring to heaven as "a better place", the U.P. IS Heaven!!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello McGuffy Ann,
    As a vegetarian, I have a good reason not to eat bug! But the truth is the thought of it makes me shudder.

    Fortunately, during the last eight years of my father's life I got to know him. What a blessing that was.

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete