Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pondering with a Purpose

Brenda at Fiction with a Purpose presents a weekly pondering & writing prompt. It is our mission to ponder and then share what we write. Her most recent prompt is: wallow.

I gave this a lot of thought, as I do most things. I ponder constantly, perhaps too much. My husband says I think too much, but he says a lot of things...that is an entirely different "ponder": husbands and how they think.

My thoughts are: I don't wallow. Personally, I dislike wallowing. I never feel sorry for myself. I am more inclined to feel badly for those around me, having to deal with me and my issues. So, I will admit quite readily, that I "hide". I withdraw. When I am threatened, hurt, overwhelmed or in pain of any sort, I withdraw. I burrow in and hide. It is how I cope; it is what I know. This is how I can sort through things, including my feelings. I often write through it, which is obvious in my poetry.

So if I am missing, I am not wallowing. I am probably hiding.







9 comments:

  1. What a fab bloghop! Love the cute lol pic!

    Unfortunately I like to hide AND wallow as in I have times when I feel very very sorry for myself but I do so very privately. No-one will ever see me wallow in self-pity except for maybe Charlie and he just ignores me anyway! LOL!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old Kitty, I adore you...seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been known to wallow, especially when I was younger. Though looking back, it's hard to say how much was being mired in self-pity and how much was related to brain chemistry (depression).

    Now, "wallowing" in a hot tub with your beverage of choice would be enjoyable. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, there is a difference, absolutely.
    I am all for each to their own!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear McGuffy Ann,
    Every so often a good wallow just cleans out the pores of my mind and my heart. I only do this for about fifteen minutes and then I rise from the sofa where I'm keening and make myself a cup of tea! It works for me.

    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rare times I do wallow usually only last about 1/2 hour because my kitties always curl up with me, and it's impossible to be sad with their sweet faces and purring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's one of the things that I usually do also, like a cat. LOL! At the picture. Thanks for the follow! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. now that explains a lot!
    Wonderful ponder ... as usual!
    Thanks for hopping along.... and you can also share your thoughts.... anytime :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a wallower either, I am told that I do think to much, but to me that is analyzing!
    Have a great day!
    xxoo
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete