Monday, March 19, 2012

Phoenix Fauna, Part 2

I wanted to share the remainder 
of my pictures of the Phoenix area. 
They are so different
than what I am used to!


This Saguaro Cactus seems to be sentinel,
keeping watch over the desert.

A nice hearty cactus!

A little watering hole that filled from 
the weekend storms.

Another cactus nest!
I think a Desert Thrasher lives there.
There are many in the area.

I love this  tree, and wish I knew 
it's many stories.

Nature offers so many things of beauty.
Thank you for allowing me to share. 











4 comments:

  1. Oh wow - now that's a tiny tiny tiny little nest! Awww the bird must be tiny and the baby birds even tinier!

    Oh yes that tree certainly has stories to tell!

    Great shots!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are not just pictures ... and you tell me you are not a photographer. Great job, as usual. Nature is amazing in so many different ways.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, my dear friend, these are taken with my phone because I liked these things. You are a true talent. ~xo~ Don't argue with me...I'm alone here.

      Delete
  3. It was through reading Louis L'Amour that I learned that if there is a thunderstorm in the desert, you should lie flat on the ground or lightning will hit you, because you will be the tallest thing there, especially if you are on a horse.

    What a fun memory your pictures provoked!

    ReplyDelete