Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Farmhouse Porch Chat #39


It is time to join Patrice & Wendell at Everyday Ruralty, 
for a chat!
I am so very glad to know you are feeling better, Wendell. 
You had us worried!
It is always a nice time here; thanks, Patrice!

This week's questions:
1.What's the last big gathering you attended? (wedding, funeral, graduation, party, riot,etc)
2.Do you switch over your seasonal wardrobe, wear the same things year round, have a huge closet to put it all in, or throw everything out and buy new each season(I threw the last one in there to see if you're paying attention;)?
3.What sweetener do you use most often?
4.Slippers, socks, or barefoot?
5.What questions would you like me to ask the group over the next few weeks?
My Answers:
1. The biggest was in 1981. I attended a huge concert at the the University of Colorado, Boulder. It was George Thorogood, Heart, and The Rolling Stones (Tattoo You Tour). It was wild! 
The last one...? It's been awhile...maybe a poetry reading this Spring, before surgery. Gettin' old...
2. I always switch over my wardrobe, only adding what is needed. I'm not a "Clothes Horse"...*lol* Wendell.
3. I usually use sugar (at home), but sometimes Equal, if out somewhere. I don't use much of either, really, not even in tea or coffee (nothing or just creamer).
4. Socks...comfy & cozy thick socks.  :)  It is a simple joy. Barefoot feels too vulnerable.
5. What is your favourite song, & why?
     What is your favourite place to go/thing to do for vacationing?
     Do you keep a journal?

6 comments:

  1. I love those big thick socks in the wintertime but prefer to be barefoot in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember the last big gathering I attended. Maybe a wedding, years ago. Or funeral. I lead a sheltered life. LOL.

    I switch my wardrobe over, from a spare closet to my bedroom closet.

    I use honey, typically raw, most often, but also stevia occasionally.

    Barefoot in summer, THICK socks AND slippers the rest of the year, in this cold house. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is quite a contrast between the biggest event you went to and the most recent one!Wendell would tell you that I'm a clothes Horse. Neigh!I will use some of your questions in upcoming chats. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to many songs to say this is my favorite, but I enjoy alot of the music from the late 70s through the 80s tunes the best. Even our kids like this stuff!

    The Smoky's is my favorite local place to hang-out for the day. It's great to drive through the mountains or to take a walk. As for vacationing, I love Maine! It's so beautiful up there. I'm a nut for lighthouses! They have good food, too.

    No, I don't keep a journal, but I've been thinking about starting one for years and have yet to do it. Procrastination is to blame.

    Hodgepodge-ChitChat-Wayback Wednesday Fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. It was nice reading your answers.

    I never cared much for big crowds or large cities so I never went to a big concert. Some of my friends love these big concert.

    Your questions are very good. It's been nice visiting your blog.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  6. In response to your question "Do you keep a journal?" I keep one...I keep it mostly empty. I keep buying them with the intention of writing some great something in them, but mostly, I just end up looking at them wishing I could think of what to write!

    Oh well, they'll be there for me whenever I do get hit with a real writing frenzy. :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete