Thursday, April 26, 2012

Follow Friday with Feeling Beachie


Each week,Hilary lists four statements with a blank to fill them in on your own blogs. If you want to join the fun and come up with four fill in’s of your own, please email them to her at feelingbeachie@gmail.com. If she uses them, she will add you as co-host to the hop! This week’s co-host is Beth Ann from It’s Just Life
This week’s statements & my answers: 
1.  I never sleep well when I know I have to get up really early.
2.  I used to read true crime books but I stopped, because now they tend to be too graphic and often sensationalize the crimes.
3.  My favorite picture of all time is of Bill, Maisie & I at Presque Isle Falls, Porcupine Mountains, U.P. Michigan. But I love my great grandparents wedding portrait, too. It is in the original frame & glass, from 1891.
4.  When it gets dark I think about all of the things that I stow away during the day, when I'm busy.

9 comments:

  1. Me too! I toss and turn and wake up way before the alarm, on days I have to get up early!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely number 1! When I know I have to wake up early it's like my internal alarm clock goes off every 30 minutes asking "Is it time yet, is it time yet?" I always start days like that exhausted. Thankfully they are rare.

    I feel the same way about suspense thriller movies as you do about the books. I absolutely will not watch brutality being billed as entertainment. We have a desensitized society.

    When it gets dark out I think about how the day feels so long and evening feels so short! But it also means hot tub time under the stars and I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann, thanks for understanding.

    I'm a poor sleeper and toss around too. I've got a great comfortable bed but a bad back.

    I love the room in total darkness to sleep.

    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the same way with your #1

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very surprised myself at the amount true crime that I read..you'd think just hearing about Left Brain's day at work would be enough.

    I actually stopped watching a CSI the other night because the autopsy scene was just too much. is it just me or are they getting too "real" as well?

    Oh, and forgot to comment, but Zoo Zoo loved the pic of the cat dressed up like a pilot (?) she laughed like a nutter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only watch Criminal Minds, though I will watch forensics on Discovery, etc.
      I think of ZooZoo when I post critter stuff, especially cats.
      ~Hugs~

      Delete
  6. I never sleep well when I know I have to be up early either. And true crime stories? I can read them, but not right before I got to bed.

    I loved your answer about the picture of your great grandparents. It reminded me of a picture my Daddy had of his family from the twenties. Grandma and Grandpa and eight children. Daddy was the next to the youngest. He was about four, I think. I love that picture.

    I enjoyed reading your answers very much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only ever read one true crime book, about the Manson Family, written by a detective on the case. Horrible.

    ReplyDelete