Sunday, April 22, 2012

Happy Earth Day!




It's Not Easy Bein' Green


It's not easy bein' green
Having to spend each day 
the color of the leaves
When I think it might be nicer 
being red, or yellow, or gold
Or something much more 
colorful like that


It's not easy bein' green
It seems you blend in with so many 
other ordinary things
And people tend to pass you over,
'cause you're not standing out 
like flashy sparkles
on the water,
or stars in the sky


But green is the color of spring
And green can be cool 
and friendly like
And green can be big 
like an ocean
Or important like a mountain
Or tall like a tree


When green is all there is to be,
It could make you wonder why.
But why wonder, why wonder?
I am green, and it'll do fine
And I think it's what I want to be
                                                  ~Kermit the Frog~

7 comments:

  1. Perfect post for Earth Day!!! Thanks for making me smile! I love Kermit! Actually my engagement ring came in the head of a Kermit puppet so I have a soft spot for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just delightful! Who doesn't love Kermit?! My son carried "Froggy Kermit" around with him for at least a year when he was very small. And yes, it's true it's not easy being green, it's easier to keep adding more junk to our world, but being green is the way to be, we're learning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww bless Kermit and his wonderful song! Happy Earth Day! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy, I had forgotten how pertinent that song is ... good choice. Kermit sure knew what was important ... too bad there are those that don't.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete