Monday, June 11, 2012

A Gentle Man for Monday

June 11, 2012 

Chet Atkins

Chester "Chet" Burton Atkins, from Tennessee, is a music legend. He was well known as a guitarist, for his style of "finger-picking", and smooth playing, thus nicknamed "Mr. Guitar". As a record producer he was instrumental in helping to create the "Nashville style" of Country Music.  This blended the lines of country and popular music for generations. Chet produced records for Dolly Parton, Elvis Presley, Jim Reeves, Jerry Reed, the Everly Brothers, Waylon Jennings, and many other popular singers. Chet Atkins is a legendary American man.

Chet Atkins
playing "Vincent", by Don McLean


 (June 20, 1924 – June 30, 2001) 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the intro to this artist! I was humming along to this song! Lovely! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Papa Bear heard Chet Atkins play at the Grand Ol'Opry about 15 years ago. He says it was like the guitar was a part of him. I love this song, and it is beautifully done! Great choice, Annie. Any man who can play like this gets my vote! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you included his playing ... he is fantastic. I could listen to him all day. And, it makes me think of Bill ...

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Chet Atkins! I saw him play at the Grand Ol' Opry, too. Just wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete