Monday, July 30, 2012

A Walk with Bill


Bill loves being an over-the-road truck driver. It is a respectable living, contributing to the economy. As a long distance trucker Bill also is able to see and experience many interesting things. Every day is different. Of course there are pros and cons to that; some days are definitely better than others. 

This past weekend, Bill was stranded in He was in Jersey City, New Jersey. He made his delivery, a last minute one, on time. However, he had to wait for the receiver to open to accept the delivery. It being a Sunday, he had a long wait. This happens in trucking. It makes it difficult when you are living in the truck, as you can’t exactly plan an outing under the circumstances.

Bill decided to make the most of it and go for a walk. He came upon Liberty State Park, and took the path marked Liberty Walk. It was a two mile walk, well maintained and scenic.
 


 There were many varieties of flowers


& some butterflies, as well.



At the end of the walk is the Liberty Harbor, where the Hudson River opens into the Upper Bay area. From here, you have a good view of some special sights.

The Manhattan Skyline, New York


Ellis Island & the Statue of Liberty

Lady Liberty

I was so touched by these pictures, never having seen this area of the United States. I am a proud American, and a proud trucker's wife. Thanks, Bill. Be safe!

~from Bill's rear view mirror~

19 comments:

  1. Glad Bill made the most of his waiting time! These are great pics - love the butterfly shots and the vista is just fab!! I mean that's a great view of the Statue of Liberty!! Wow!! Thanks for sharing!!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great he was able to make the very best of his wait! Thanks for sharing the the pics. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill is not one to be idle...it makes him a good trucker.

      Delete
  3. Bill got some wonderful pictures.

    My dad was a short haul trucker. If he had been born in today's age he would have been a long haul trucker. He loved people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill's dad was a trucker, too. It takes a special person, I think!

      Delete
  4. Those are beautiful photos!!.,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like a challenging job to me, being away from loved ones for so long. Glad Bill's enjoying it! Thanks for sharing the pictures, it was like I went on the walk too, but without the work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so nice seeing how proud you are of your husband and his work ethics. I'm sure that he's proud of you too.

    I think that it's awfully sweet of him to take pictures of flowers and butterflies instead of just sitting in the truck waiting.

    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia! Bill is special.
      And you are very sweet, too.

      Delete
  7. Dear McGuffy Ann, I really enjoyed this posting as I learned about a trucker's life and also so photographs across the bay to the Statue of Liberty. Thank you for this treat. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks to you & bill for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Annie! This was wonderful!! Bill took a wonderful walk and took you and all of us along thru his photos. What a wonderful thing to do! I love seeing places that I've never been, and while I've been on the Stanton Island Ferry, just once, in my mid-teens, I've never seen the harbor from this perspective and it's magnificent! Great job Mr. Bill... thank you for ending my day on this lovely note!! Drive safely, and hurry home, Annie and the furkids miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's always a silver lining! What a nice break for him, however unplanned.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please tell Bill we would enjoy more photos from the road... that would be a fun regular feature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hopig to do this more, with Bill. I wite the post, based upon what he tells me. I love that he does this & is part of my blog! Thanks!

      Delete
  12. What great photos. We're glad that Bill was able to experience such wonderful things while he waited. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fianlly a moment to take a Walk With Bill. I love the photos and the idea that Bill is taking them. Way to go Bill :). You are blessed with a good Man McGuffy Ann.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was really cool! Thanks Bill for sharing!

    ReplyDelete