Friday, July 20, 2012

Diary of a Player

How My Musical Heroes Made a Guitar Man Out of Me

By Brad Paisley

This is a wonderful memoir from a genuine country artist. Simply put, Brad Paisley recalls what and who inspired him to realize his musical dreams.

At the tender age of eight years old, Brad picked up his first guitar, a Christmas gift from his grandfather. This inspired not only guitar playing, but songwriting as well.

Brad relates in this memoir how the next couple of decades made him who he is today, a country music artist. He tells of the hard work, patience, difficult gigs, and never giving up. He kept his focus on his dream. He recounts tales of his influences and mentors. Brad also discusses his unique equipment and sound system.

Throughout it all, Brad Paisley kept his sense of humour and trademark wit. These are evident in this enjoyable memoir. He is a contemporary country artist, but a traditional guy. I admire that about him as do many others, including his peers. He has done much collaboration with a variety of artists. 




5 comments:

  1. I love Paisley's "When I Get to Where I'm Going."

    A good review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to mention how cute he is ... you know Manyly Man material, just sayin' :)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brad Paisley is such an awesome guitar player! I love him...and he has such a sweet wife! Great couple!

    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I didn't know he had a memoir out. I have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete