Monday, September 10, 2012

Wallace

The Underdog Who Conquered a Sport, Saved a Marriage, and Championed Pit Bulls
...One Flying Disc at a Time

By Jim Gorant

I love the “Underdog”. This probably drives my desire to try to rescue every animal that needs help. I realize that I can’t, but I do my part. I respect “Underdogs” who strive to survive, while I understand those who give up.

Wallace did not give up. He was a survivor of a “Pit Bull Mill”. Ending up in an animal shelter with his future uncertain, he met Andrew “Roo” Yori. A highly educated shelter volunteer, Roo saw something special in Wallace.

When Roo and his new wife found out that Wallace was on Death Row, they fought to adopt him. Understanding his breeding and his set of circumstances, Yori knew Wallace needed an outlet. Reinforcing his strength, intelligence and speed, Yori put Wallace into the world of competitive Frisbee for dogs. This was a perfect fit for both of them, as they became World Champions at the sport.

Jim Gorant is the author of the bestselling book: “The Lost Dogs: Michael Vick’s Dogs and their Tale of Rescue and Redemption”. He continues to educate the public about this often abused and misunderstood breed. I commend him.


7 comments:

  1. Competitive frisbee for dogs!?!? Oh wow!!! Awwwww!! What a great story and good on Wallace and Yori! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great story of best friends & what love does.

      Delete
  2. sounds like a wonderful read. Poor pit bulls, in many cases they are totally misunderstood. It is the people who are bad, not the dog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like when people say, "Bad dog." Dogs can be naughty! People tend to have potential to do "bad". Just sayin'.

      Delete
  3. Love the face on th book over and love the cat ad dog video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a very interesting book that I would enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never cease to be amazed at the power of love and believing in someone.. or something. All it takes is one caring person who wants to make a difference and is willing to try. This must be an excellent book, and good enlightenment for those who condemn without understanding. Great review, Annie!

    ReplyDelete