Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Intruder


I was home alone with my siblings; they were in the other room playing. As the middle child, I tend to be independent. I spend a lot of time alone. Our parents were out somewhere.

Suddenly, there was a commotion. Someone was coming in the front door. This is unusual, as my parents usually come in the back door. Then I heard a voice talking to my siblings; it was not them! Something was not right! I immediately froze with fear.

Footsteps were coming down the hall towards my bedroom. Quickly, I crawled under the bed. The voice was calling to me. Hopefully, they would not find me and leave. My siblings were nowhere to be seen; I hoped they were okay. I was shaking with fear!

I could see the person’s feet at the foot of the bed, and they then got down on the floor. They were reaching under the bed! I scooted up as close to the wall as I could, hopefully they would not find me.

They began to talk to me and dropped a handful of something onto the floor. As it scattered, I could see it was my treats! I realized this was my cat sitter!

Feeling cautious, but relieved, I ate the treats. I was still fearful. I wanted my parents to be home. I knew I would be okay, though.
Grizelda



5 comments:

  1. Awwww! Poor Grizzy! Nothing is more sad than a scared kitty trying hard to hide and make themselves invisible. My kids have been there too, and my heart goes out to Grizzy. I know that with her Pet Sitter coming every day while you're away, she will soon get used to the "intruder's" voice and footsteps, and her entering thru the front door. And she'll be eager for those treats. Hopefully she will inch her way closer to her greeter and will eventually pop out for a little bit of love. Great story, McGuffy Ann, one that tugs at my heart, as I know it does yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww - glad it was the nice cat sitter!! Yay! take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great short cat story. Poor kitty, I hope that she has made friend with the cat sitter.
    Take care and be safe.

    JB

    ReplyDelete