Wednesday, December 26, 2012

An "Author Hop"

This blog hop is a way that you can discover authors. With bookstores closing and publishers not promoting new authors as much, we need to find a way to introduce readers to authors they may not see in their local bookstore.
This is one of my new books! In this particular hop, I have answered 10 questions where you can learn about, "Bedtime Tail"

I hope you enjoy it! Please feel free to comment and share your thoughts and questions.

1: What is the working title of your book? “Bedtime Tail”
2: Where did the idea come from for the book? I write poetry. Though this is not my usual style of poetry, the story needed to be shared. It is fun!
3: What genre does your book come under? This one is for children.
4: Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? The illustrator of the book, Catherine Phillips, did a wonderful job bringing the story to life. I would love to see her images in action, such as in an animated movie!
5: What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? This is a “tail” of a little boy and his imagination, especially at bedtime.
6: Is your book self-published, published by an independent publisher, or represented by an agency? My books were published by my husband, Bill. He made this happen.
7: How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? This poem was written in minutes, becoming illustrated and then published took much longer.
8: What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? I don’t like to compare books. I hope my work, as all work, stands on its own.
9: Who or what inspired you to write this book? I have an active “inner child”, imagination and curiosity.
10: What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? It is fun to read alone, or with someone. The colourful illustrations by Catherine Phillips, really brings the book to life!
I’d like to thank author Bette Lee Crosby for tagging me to participate in this hop. Here, you’ll have the chance to meet Bette Lee Crosby and find out about her novel, “Spare Change”. Click the links below to find out about Bette Lee Crosby’s Amazon Bestseller “Spare Change”, or to visit her blog and learn more about her other work:

7 comments:

  1. Great idea for a hop! I've seen many authors like you who have written good books, but didn't have any way to share them. I like the book, it sounds good! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here you go Annie ... another step in the right direction. Congratulations on your book. When it gets out there everyone will love it.

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome way to get the news out about new great reads. I hope we'll soon see one on your new poetry book Weeds too!

    I purchased Bedtime Tail and gladly recommend it as fun bedtime reading for and with children. I know it's a "tail" they'll love and have memorized in no time!

    Thanks for sharing this info about your book with us McGuffy, Ann! I'm headed over to check out Bette Lee's book now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. McGuffy Ann,
    Congrats on your publication!

    How wonderful it must be to see you book on Amazon.

    carol
    DizzyC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations , Ann , on your new book.
    I think bedtime tail is a must read for the young ones. Fantastic writing and wonderful illustrations. Any book or story that can help youngsters put aside fears is a good thing and this book which is written for ages 2-7 will go far in helping those young ones enjoy bedtime rather than dread it.


    Jeff Rivera
    Bestselling Author
    "UM ... MOMMY I THINK I FLUSHED MY BROTHER DOWN THE TOILET"
    http://amzn.to/RUltKc

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wanted to let you know that I posted a review for this and "Weeds" on my blog. http://ecwrites.blogspot.com/2013/01/review-of-weeds-by-mcguffy-ann-morris.html

    I hope even more people will read your wonderful books.

    Best Wishes,
    E

    ReplyDelete