Thursday, January 24, 2013

Lost Cat

A True Story of Love, Desperation, and GPS Technology
By Caroline Paul
Illustrated By Wendy MacNaughton

This is a very sweet book. It drew me in, and I read it in one sitting.


The author is going through a rough time, when her cat seems to dessert her. It becomes her mission to find him. She feels she must uncover where he is going, but also why he left her. 
She becomes obsessed, much to the dismay of those around her. 

With the help of posters, persistence, time, and GPS tracking devices, she does manage to get answers. However, the answers may not be the ones she wanted. Be careful what you wish for.

I love this book. It is written with honesty and humour, and with love.

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like one I would love to read and if you read it in one sitting, it may only take me a month Ha! Great review, McGuffy ...

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check out this book :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems different ... I will mark it as to-read :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, it's wendy, the illustrator for Lost Cat. caroline and i are so happy you enjoyed Lost Cat and thanks for writing such a nice and insightful review. we so appreciate it and hope your readers enjoy Lost Cat, too. thanks again!

    ReplyDelete