Friday, January 18, 2013

"The Window from Which We Look"

I received this from a friend, 
and feel it is well worth sharing. 

                                                                     Google Image

A young couple bought a house, and moved into their new neighborhood.
          
The next morning while they are eating breakfast, the young woman saw her neighbor hanging the wash outside. "That laundry does not look very clean", she said. “I don’t think she knows how to wash correctly. Perhaps she needs better laundry soap." 
Her husband looked on, but remained silent. 


Every time the neighbor would hang her wash to dry, the young woman would make similar comments. After several weeks, the woman was surprised to see a nice clean wash on the line. She said to her husband, "Look, she has finally learned how to wash correctly! I wonder what did it.” 

The husband said, "I got up early this morning and cleaned our windows."

Such is life. 
What we see when watching others depends on the purity of the window through which we look.
-Author Unknown



22 comments:

  1. Oh, if we only could realize that as we pass judgement on something or someone (and we all do from time to time). Wonderful post and I agree a great one to pass on. Good Morning, McGuffy :)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is human nature to question, but we need to consider it isn't always our place. Judging is hurtful. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. Ah, this is so precious... I think I'll share it with our pastor. He always like to tell little stories like that.
    Thanks for the great lesson.
    hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I agree. An important life lesson.

      Delete
  3. Hey Ann, Julia, one of your followers sent me a note saying that you review books. How would I go about submitting my book Life Happens for your consideration? I can provide it via Kindle (free book starting on 1/19 for 5 days) or you can send me your snail mail address and I'll mail you a hardcopy.
    my email address is cwatson310@charter.net. Thanks so much for your consideration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this post! So very true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that is SO true. Thank you for the great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reminders are good, aren't they? Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Wow I thought for sure it was going to say the lady brought her soap hahaha loved this!!! Thanks for sharing and I got my copy of weeds today woohooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that was classic!! Wonderful! Thank you for sharing and a good lesson for all of us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it is important to remember.

      Delete
  8. Good story. We all need to remember it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlotte. Too often we judge others instead of taking care of our own business.

      Delete
  9. This is beautiful! A fine lesson indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this little story. So true. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete