Saturday, February 16, 2013

Special Angels

Please notice my new angels, in my left sidebar. I adopted them through the Official Cat Blogosphere. I could fill an entire blog with all of the angels I have on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. 

I chose Angel Bob, because he was my first (rescue) cat as an adult. He was a Maine Coon, and bionic. He had many health conditions. As a mom and a vet. tech., we went through a lot together. I lost him at his 8th birthday, 8/8/1980. 

Angel Purrl was a rescue kitten, and my first polydactyl. She was tough, a tomboy, and extremely bright. I lost her at 17 1/2 years, to congestive heart failure. I have shared her story in brief, and how it lead me to my Maggie P. (Maggie & Purrl) Miss Purrl will always be my Girl, too.

Angel Moon is the brother of Grizelda and Chloe Jo. I rescued that motherless  litter of four at two days of age. They were very ill. We kept Grizelda and Chloe Jo. Moon and Willow went to another home. Chloe Jo and Moon had chronic, lingering respiratory problems, though. They remained "babies", in many ways. Shortly after their second birthday, Moon passed away from complications of pneumonia. (Mr. Moon) A very special little guy, he will forever be in my heart.

You can click on the pictures in the left sidebar, and it will take you to the VSquillion Adoption Shelter. I am so happy to have some of my special angels here at McGuffy's Reader. I will love them forever, as I do all of those here and at The Rainbow Bridge.

Thank you to Gracie, the Shelter Keeper at the Cat Blogosphere for her extra hard work, and to her Mom for helping so much. Hugs.


15 comments:

  1. Aw, that's a great way to remember your beloved "angels."

    Gracie's mom does a great job with them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally would have a blog full of them, but that isn't practical or fair. I tried to narrow it down. Yes, Gracie & her mom are angels here on earth.

      Delete
  2. I loved reading about your special angels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth, check out my pages, too, There will be more critter stories to come, but some are there. Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Those are so very sweet. It's so sad our pets live such short lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have lost some very young, some over 20...it is never long enough, ever.

      Delete
    2. true, too true. I had a golden retriever live until 16 which I hear is rare but it wasn't nearly long enough.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I love them, too. I could literally fill a blog with them!

      Delete
  5. I have lost 3 angels in the past year -- all within 5 months of each other. Thank you for sharing your angels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The past few years were like that for us. We lost several a year, for a few years. They all grew up and old together. I am so sorry for your losses.

      Delete
  6. Such sweet creatures, Ann. I love the way you have made them your angels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I could fill a blog with all of my "special angels". It was hard to pick three. I love every one.

      Delete
  7. Oh Moon, he still makes me cry ... This is a heart string pulling post, but wonderful. We, too, just lost our Maggie(as you know) after 20 years of sweet and adorable with her. It is good to remember those good times.

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could fill a blog, just like my heart. It was hard to choose only three. I wish they all lived to be 20 or more; some of ours have. Purrl almost made it. Bob was only 8. Moon was barely two. It is never long enough.

      Delete