Thursday, April 11, 2013

Four-Legged Miracles


Heartwarming Tales of Lost Dogs’ Journeys Home

By Brad Steiger & Sherry Hansen Steiger

This is a collection of true canine stories. The dogs in this very poignant book have all been lost, but unbelievably found their way home. Finding the homes and families that they knew they belonged with drove them onward.

The canine instincts and intuition of these amazing dogs helped them against seemingly insurmountable odds. These stories also highlight the intelligence and courage of the “family dog”.

Fighting natural disasters, predators, injuries, unknown conditions of both weather and terrain, these dogs not only survived but persevered until attaining their goal of reunion with their family.

Following a tornado, Mason the terrier crawled home on two broken legs. Buca sat for over two months on a Utah hill, overlooking an Interstate, waiting for his family car to return for him. A Beagle named Eddie walked over 450 miles to reunite and help his disable little boy. These are just some of the examples of canine love and loyalty.

The book is filled with heartwarming stories. I highly recommend this book to animal lovers, especially those who have ever loved and been loved by a dog.

11 comments:

  1. These are the kinds of stories that make me cry ... a good kind of cry, but they really pull at my heart strings. Sounds like a good one for a rainy day (and we certainly are having a lot of those these days). Good Review, McGuffy ...

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad stories with happy endings, I love it when life works out that way! This sounds like a must read, such stories restore my faith in the basic goodness of life and that things work out in ways we never think possible. Thanks for the review, adding it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this one sounds like a very inspirational book. They are precious and then some. We sure love our Little Bit.

    Have a terrific day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww these stories sound lovely and I'm glad they all end up happily! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why can't more people be more caring and faithful like dogs are for their love ones.
    Heart warming for sure.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I would cry (and smile) all through this book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds wonderful. I'll make sure I have a fresh pack of tissues close by when I read it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like something I would love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks achingly sad and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a book full of happy ending - which I love!
    Thanks for the review!
    Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  11. what our pets wouldn't do for our love is truly a miracle itself.
    your dear friend Janice here I am opening up my original blog soon.
    I shared weeds at the cancer center last week and we laughed quite a bit
    just playing of the word "weed" but some of the patients send they were
    going to order copies so I am hoping you get lots of orders.

    ReplyDelete