Monday, April 29, 2013

The Only Buddha in Town


By Alanna Maure & Matt Benacquista

This is the spiritual journey of Alanna Maure. The Buddha is the voice deep within, your personal spiritual guide.

Spanning a wide array of life scenarios and topics, Alanna takes you through reasoning and sorting to make sense of it all. She uses equal parts of common sense and wit. 

Humour can go a long way in getting through situations with a good attitude. It can bring people together instead of pushing them apart in times of stress.

Ultimately, Alanna reminds us we are all human, and share this thing called “Life”.

10 comments:

  1. I like the idea of having an inner and wiser buddha to guide me through life! Thanks for the info and your review of this book! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds very interesting and rewarding as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a really great book to read for inner peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like one I need to read ... I think my inner Buddha is taking a nap. Anyway ... good review and remind me to look for this one next time we go to the book store :)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see Stella made it on the sidebar ... awesome :)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like a book I would love to read. I so agree with the concept that humor can
    help us through difficult situations, it has saved me on many occasions. Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to find my inner someone who can handle all the mess around here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds interesting and like there might be something good to learn from it, thanks for the review, McGuffy Ann!

    I delighted to see that Stella now joins the ranks of family photos on your page, the perfect addition to your furkid clan!

    And thank you for hanging in there with my on my A-Z posts, I appreciate that! I have a lot of catching up to do on everyone else's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Guess I should read this at times when I feel low :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for coming to see me. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete