Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Longings of Wayward Girls


By Karen Brown

One long hot summer, young Sadie and her friend play a prank on a neighborhood girl. It was just a harmless prank, all in fun, to pass the lazy days of a youthful summer. However, shortly thereafter, the little girl goes missing from a backyard cookout, and is never seen again.

Two decades pass, and Sadie is living her life is the same area of her youth. She has a good marriage, and two sons. Life is good, until a boy from her old neighborhood returns.

Suddenly everything changes, as untold secrets come to light, and long-unresolved mysteries are solved. Karen Brown tells an unnerving story of youthful pranks and their possible lasting repercussions. 


9 comments:

  1. If only the kids who pull these pranks could read such a book. I know pranks that were pulled that caused a lifetime of heartache. I am sure it is a good read, but maybe a difficult one. Good review, McGuffy ...

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an intriguing book.

    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like an intense read, and a subject that everyone needs to be more aware of. Sometimes the acts of children aren't so innocent and the repercussions can last a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like my kind of book.

    Have a terrific day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like my kind of book. Putting it on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm intrigued. Adding it to my list now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds really interesting and something I would like. Wish I had more time to read. Thanks for sharing. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'm going to have to download that one - it sounds very good.

    ReplyDelete