Thursday, June 20, 2013

Slipping Away

As one season slips silently into another, we don’t even notice. Time is that way; it moves quietly along, taking us with it. We have no choice. Every living thing is controlled by time and its movement of the seasons. Time moves us, as we move through time.

We go through our days, our nights, always moving toward something, away from something. The seasons mark our time, giving us notice, telling us what needs to be done. We think we have control over it, but in reality it controls our actions. We slip through time as we are slipping through life.

As the seasons age, so do we. In youth we are as Springtime, new and fresh. We are growing and flourishing. Come Summer, we are moving through days and nights, planning, and doing. We are so busy living our lives; we don’t realize it is slipping away, like the seasons. Autumn brings reflection on the lives we lived. By Winter, we must face the consequences of the seasons of our lives, the good and the bad. We own the seasons we have lived.

We cannot stop time, nor does it wait for us. We can only try to fill it with love and loved ones, because one season into another, time slips away. 

Willie Nelson, 
"Funny How Time Slips Away" 

Linking to: Pondering with a Purpose
Word Prompt: "Slip"  

24 comments:

  1. Hubby and I are keenly aware of this. Our mantra is to live each day to its fullest. It's been working very well for us too. Glad to see you are approaching the seasons in the same manner.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is the only real choice. You go with it. It is what it is, and you try to make the best of it. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. This was a great post - loved the analogies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I appreciate that. I think a lot; it comes out in my poetry usually.

      Delete
  3. Great post Annie!!!! thanks for pondering with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brenda. I appreciate your comments & your inspiration.

      Delete
  4. True...time slips quickly and each season brings its own ponderings for sure. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I agree. We poets ponder a lot.

      Delete
  5. Mary here - great post and oh so true! I've always said, the older I get, the faster the time flies-sometimes I'd like to get off and slow the world down a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have listened to Willie sing this song so many times...so true...life is just too durn short.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love old Willie. He is an old soul, always was wise.

      Delete
  7. This is why I try to cherish each and every day...moment by moment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, peaceful, and a reality check for those who are always postponing really living until tomorrow or someday. We really have no choice but to go with the flow, it's going to tow us along in the current, ready or not. The best choice, as you say so well here, is to make the time count, fill it in a way that makes you feel happy and content. Really nice take on the prompt, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. This is what came to me. I think constantly. If I could only get it all written down...so much slips away...

      Delete
  9. I've always wished I had paid more attention during the "Summer" of my life. It flew by without my notice. Sometimes I feel a little cheated because of that. After 40 years of marriage, I am trying to be more aware of my surroundings and everyday life. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your post about time. Time is so relevant. Thanks for the thought provoking writing about time.
    Sorry, the Willie Nelson video that you posted was not allowed to play in my country because of copyright laws but I remember the song.

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the video. I am glad you liked the post, though. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. Great post and so very true. I love the Willie Nelson song but another song came to mind as I read your post. There is a line in an old Steve Miller song, Fly Like an Eagle, that says, "time keeps on slipping, slipping, into the future." The future keeps coming faster every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the song! Another good one.

      Delete
  12. A beautiful and wise pondering on the prompt! A time for all seasons, and a season but for a time.
    I too thought of the Steve Miller song....but I love Willie Nelson too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great ponderings! The older I get, the fast time slips by.

    ReplyDelete