Thursday, June 6, 2013

Unique Friends


Every day, at the same time, the dog waits for this cat. Sometimes she barks to call him. He comes; they rub and greet each other and they go for a walk. 

They have done this for five years. They don’t belong to the same owners. The owners didn't know about this friendship. Neighbors seeing them together so frequently commented to the cat’s owner, who then followed the dog home, which was quite a distance away. 

How it all started, no one knows...but it really doesn't matter. The friendship matters.

~author unknown~
This was sent to me by a close longtime friend,
who also does animal rescue with me.

28 comments:

  1. Awwww..that is so cute! I'd like to hang it up somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, very sweet, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww how adorable! Awww that is so lovely - what a great story! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank. My partner in rescue sent it to me. I wanted to share. I am sure it will be repeated!

      Delete
  4. Yes, indeed, it is the friendship that matters.
    This story warms the heart ...

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing and so very sweet. Sounds like they are very bonded and when something happens to one of them, it's really going to be tough on the other. Thanks for sharing that - it made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this so much! Friends don't have to be alike, they just have to share respect and love for each other. They have to enjoy each other's company, as these two obviously do. What I want to know is how they communicate with each other, and I'm sure in some way they do!

    I once had a cat that had a neighbor cat friend who came to our door for him every night when it got dark, it would sit at our door and meow until we let him out, then they'd go out and spend the night tomcatting, and in the morning our cat would be back at the doorstep to come in, every night. I was so sad when we had to move and he lost his best buddy. I'm sure the other cat missed him just as much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes their friendship is all that matters. Bless their hearts. Too precious.

    Have a terrific day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. Opposites really do attract!
    What a beautiful story!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How delightful. I guess maybe it is true that opposites attract. Thanks for sharing. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet friendship! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, that just beautiful! Thanks for the smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you will see this repeated.

      Delete