Tuesday, July 2, 2013

"Map"...& my Interview!

Map


I have walked miles across harsh lonely tundra,
through forests too dark to see the trees.
I have reached heights, climbing mountains of enigma.
and stumbled, falling into valleys of depression.
I have relied upon dawn as my epiphany,
and dusk as my reprieve.

I have sailed uncharted waters,
never knowing if I’d find my way.
I have navigated emotions,
steering toward the beacon of hope.
I feared capsizing or crashing haphazardly,
on the rocky shores of betrayal.

I must now follow the ebb and tide of uncertainty.
I am the steward of my voyage.
The promise of tomorrow is what guides me today.
I will weather the storms.
I will stay on course.
I will survive.

Poem by: McGuffy Ann Morris,
from my poetry book, "Weeds", 2012


Linked to: Poets United
for my interview:
"Life of a Poet"
*Please check out this wonderful community
of creative, interesting,  and dedicated poets!
I would like to especially thank Sherry,
who interviewed me. She is special.*

21 comments:

  1. Wow, I go away for a weekend and you turn into a celebrity ... way to go, girl. I loved this interview. Sherry really captured the real you by asking the right questions. I think maybe you have been launched :)Love it!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no...no celebrity. That is not me. I am just happy when my poetry speaks to someone, or for someone. Sherry is wonderful. I am blessed that she took the time to interview me. I truly am humbled.

      Delete
  2. This was a wonderful interview, such a great read for anyone who'd like to know a little more about you, I loved all the photos too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Thank you also for posting the interview link! Your support means a lot to me. I appreciate it.

      Delete
  3. I loved your interview! (And this poem) It was like sitting with you, chatting and I learned so much about you! You are a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...you are a treasure. I am just me. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. I read your interview McGuffy! It was wonderful! You are a very talented, caring lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beth. You are so sweet. I appreciate your comments, as always. Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Wow. "Map" is such a thought-provoking poem (as so many of your poems are)!

    I really enjoyed reading your interview, McGuffy Ann. It was nice to learn more about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is hard to talk about myself, except through my writing. Sherry was a wonderful person to interview me. She is amazing.

      Delete
  6. I do this very thing too. It's good to see that you do as well.

    Have a terrific day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are referring to my poem...yes. It is important.

      Delete
  7. Wonderful poem, and a fabulous interview. You may have to tell me more about using a vaporizer and chest thumps with sick kittens -- i've often wondered if there was anything much i could do when their breathing was "rattly."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved reading your interview. The photo of your wedding day was great! Purrs and hugs, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We did it our way...always have. We are a team.

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on your wonderful interview and best wishes for the book launchings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the interview! Great work feeding those two day old cats! Did you
    use a machine, or something? Also do you do wildlife rehabilitation? Can't
    wait to read your story about animal rescue. I would also like to get a
    copy of your book Weeds too, when it comes out. I like all of your poems,
    and enjoy reading them.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea of being a steward of one's own voyage. So much to think about in this poem!

    ReplyDelete