Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Not Your Mother’s Book…On Dogs


Created By Dahlynn McKowen, Ken McKowen, and Kathleene Baker

This is a very special book for dog lovers. From stories about puppy antics to adult dog adventures, this is a unique anthology collected by submission from actual dog owners. The stories are funny, upbeat, entertaining and often outrageous, making it a most unique dog book.

Many of the stories are about rescue dogs. Each story in this special anthology celebrates the relationship between the average dog owner and their “Furkid”. Filled with love and joy, the stories clearly tell of the bond between owner and dog through the many stages of life. 

As you read these stories, you will recall stories from your own experiences with your dogs. This is a book you will want to read again, and also share it with others. I recommend this book for anyone who has loved and been loved by a dog.

I won this book through Becky Lewellen Povich, "Writer, Humorist and Bliss Follower". Please visit Becky at her wonderful website:

13 comments:

  1. I love the surreal title!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I don't own a dog anymore I have had three and each one has some little stories of it's own so I think that this would certainly be a fun read for dog owners.

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fun book! You would enjoy it. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Hi McGuffy! Thank you so much for the shout out! And I'm very happy you liked the book! FYI for you and your followers, the publisher has new covers now (which I think are a lot cuter!), but whichever one you read, the stories inside are the same. I also liked the fact that the contributors were asked to submit photos of their doggies and themselves! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Becky! I agree, the book is great!

      Delete
  4. I'd like this book. We love all animals and our Little Bit is a rescue. It's the only kind I'd want. One that no one else wanted.

    Have a terrific day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandee. Stella is a rescue Sheltie. A few people wanted Stella, but we were blessed to be chosen as her forever home! She definitely is one of us. It is meant to be.

      Delete
  5. We'll be sure to check this one out. We love animal stories, especially ones about animals being rescued! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will enjoy this! Life at its best!

      Delete
  6. I like doggy's and I had one up until I got married. He was a cat man.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book just has to be a good read... when people who share their lives with critters write about them, all the love and joy tumbles onto the pages with the words. Great title too! :-))

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book looks like it would be a great read.

    ReplyDelete