Monday, December 23, 2013

An Award

I am honoured that we were chosen for an award by peers whom we appreciate and enjoy. So, we brought out our award page and we will accept the honour. We received this award from our friends at The Cat on My Head. Like most awards it has a few rules, and they are as follows:
1.  Provide a link to and thank the blogger who nominated you for this award
THANK YOU to Janet Blue and "The Cat on My Head Blog", http://thecatonmyhead.com
2.  Answer ten questions: I will answer these questions, as usual. Maggie is asleep, Grizelda is shy and Chloe Jo is…busy. Stella is happy with whatever I say and do.
1. Your favorite color? Green &  Blue. However, I seem to be strongly attracted to grey.
2. Your favorite animal? I love them all. I love cats & dogs, but I also am very attached to Coyote and Sandhill Crane.
3. Your favorite non-alcoholic drink? I don’t drink alcohol. I do drink a lot of water and milk.
4. Facebook or TwitterI am on Facebook, but I really think social media is just overwhelming! I think it can take up a lot of time and can (for me) be impersonal. I do like blogging, though. I really prefer personal interaction. 
5. Your favorite pattern? Plaid. I prefer solid colours, though.
6. Do you prefer getting or giving presentsI much prefer giving; I feel blessed when I can give.
7. Your favorite number? I love the number 3, followed by the number 8.
8. Your favorite day of the week? Sunday is a good day. Beyond being God’s day, it is also a day for  NASCAR & football.
9. Your favorite flower? I really love mums, though there are many flowers that I love.
10. What is your passionAnimals: animal welfare, advocacy, rescue, and bottle feeding kittens and bunnies. I also love reading and writing.
3. Nominate 10-12 (if possible) blogs that you find a joy to read.
4. Provide links to the nominated blogs and kindly let the recipients know they have been nominated. I would love to nominate everyone, but I realize some don't do awards. I have, and I haven't at times. I understand both choices. I appreciate all of you, anyway!
5. Include the award logo within your blog post.



38 comments:

  1. congratulations on the award, mcguffy ann. i had NO idea you loved cats and dogs. ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. You can't tell how much I love critters, can you?

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your fantastic award! And thank you for passing it along to us. I will surely post about it after Christmas.
    *Cairn cuddles*
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww what fab q&a!! Mums are beautiful very understated flowers I think! Yay!

    Wishing you and yours a fantastic Christmas and New Year! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMC - Thank you so very much for the award. We are honored and will pass it on maybe between the holidays. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FANKS you dear friend. Concatulations on your award and I will take it back to my place at Katie Isabella's and post it soon. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the award! Coyote is known as the Trickster, so I find it interesting he pulls you. I sometimes think the Trickster gods either hate me...or love me too much. LOL.

    I didn't realize you had the same storm. I'm glad you're safe. Crazy weather. What a way to wind up the year. :-/

    Merry Christmas; peace and blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I know about the coyote. I love him because he is a survivor, in spite of what man does. Stay safe up North!

      Delete
  7. Congratulations and happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats- well deserved and I am with Tex...I am shocked to learn about the cats and dogs...HEE HEE Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much Ann for the award but I'm one of those bloggers who prefer not to do award, however I'm grateful to be chosen as a recipient.
    I've been so blessed to read your blog regularly and you always bring a dimension that touches me deeply.
    Merry Christmas dear friend.
    hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand, Julia. I still think you deserve it!

      Delete
  10. Well deserved, and well done on your responses! I actually like gray too, a deep gray, but complimented by at least one other pretty color... pastel blue or pink, or even bright red! I smile to think of how many critters have owed their lives and wellbeing to your tender care. Truly it is what you were meant to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like grey with grey. A lot of my clothes are grey, which I wear with blue jeans. I love grey critters, too.

      Delete
  11. I love this! Thank you so much! I accept my red carpet blog award!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations—and thanks so much for thinking of me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am smiling because I have three rooms in my house that are painted grey. I call it the soft grey of a Mourning Dove's underbelly. :) It's soothing. And every color pops against it and it reflects the light perfectly.

    I wish you and your family a beautiful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love those rooms! Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  14. Congratulations! And thank you so kindly for the nomination! As you know, busy time right now -- but I will bookmark the page and get to it after Christmas!
    So proud of to know someone who rescues animals and contributes to their welfare. We are all God's creatures - each one of us!
    I was always #8 when I played sports! :)
    Wishing you all the Peace, Joy and Love this season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think you are pretty wonderful!

      Delete
  15. Nice knowing you more:) Congratulation with the award!
    Merry Christmas dear:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on the award. I haven't passed Mario's on yet either -- this next week. Thank you for always leaving a comment on my blog and Mario's and for being a good friend. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you accepted the award. It was fun to learn new things about you. Thanks for the shout out. Have a Meowy Catmess. Purrs and hugs, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am sorry to be so late accepting this award! Thank you so much. I will put it in my blog tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulation on receiving your award and Thank you for nominating us for the award too, however, I don't, because of time and so much else, accept awards for either of my blogs. I write a column for our newspaper and have to do assignments that carry me out of town constantly. I really am sorry, but I love reading your post about your life. Thanks again Ann... Hugs, Loretta

    ReplyDelete