Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Greenies Dog Treats


It is understandable that dogs cannot brush their teeth. However, they eat (often things they shouldn’t). Dogs can develop decay and other oral health issues. Consequently, they rely on humans to help them with their oral hygiene.

Recently, Chewy.com asked Stella to try Greenies Dog Treats. I was very happy for her to try a treat that can help keep her teeth and gums healthy. She is just happy to try new treats.

There is good reason Greenies is called a “smart treat”. These green, toothbrush shaped treats offer a total health solution to dogs. They also have fewer calories and less fat than many other treats. Greenies are easily digestible, which is important for dogs with sensitive tummies.

In addition to their taste appeal, this treat fights tartar and plaque build-up. When given daily, they can help maintain healthy teeth and gums. Greenies help to create good oral hygiene, while freshening breath. Available in five sizes, from “Teenie” to “Jumbo”, there is a Greenie for every dog. 

Greenies are endorsed by The Veterinary Oral Health Council . As with all health decisions, I recommend discussing oral hygiene with your dog's own veterinarian. Ask for their opinion on this treat, and if it a good choice for your dog.

Stella

28 comments:

  1. I tried Greenies for the cats but it didn't go over well. But I know dogs seem to really like them. It has to be easier than brushing their teeth - I've just started to introduce the finger brush to George and Gracie...very slowly, we'll see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each cat has their own personality, just like each person and each dog. I hope that works tooth brush for you!

      Delete
  2. Oh so sweet Stella! I give my dogs these too, although this last bag I bought seem to be a bit harder for my two smaller dogs, so only big Misty will get the rest of that bag. They do work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a dog but i'm glad that Stella loves her Greenies.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're glad she loves her treats and hope they do make a significant, positive difference to her dental health!

    BTW, why can't humans eat treats to clean their teeth and avoid the dentist? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't it be great, if treats cleaned our teeth?!

      Delete
  5. I have the one kitty in the Universe who will NOT eat Greenies Cat Treats. Nope. Nor will she eat the pill pockets just plain with no pill to get her used to them. The sorry little one just turns up her velvet nosie. She won't take any good -for- her- treats, nostrums..nothing but cat food thank you ma'am.! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie knows what she likes...and doesn't like! ~xo~

      Delete
  6. sweet stella - you deserve the best of treats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stella is so pretty! And we are glad she enjoys those Greenies so much. :)

    I guess it makes sense that they come in a range of sizes, but it kind of made me smile that there are "Teenie" and "Jumbo."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. The "Teeny" & "Jumbo" made me laugh, too.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks, Patty. Chloe Jo thinks that Stella is hers.

      Delete
  9. Stella is beautiful! Greenies sounds like a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are, Beth. Bad teeth and gums can lead to serious health problems.

      Delete
  10. Stella, you are so gorgeous. You sidebar photo does not do you justice. Purrs and paw-pats, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stella thanks you. That photo was right after we adopted her. I will be updating the sidebar pictures soon.

      Delete
  11. I used to give my dogs Greenies, until I had a problem with a piece swelling in the throat of my chow mix. Some other people at the dog park had similar issues, so watch your dog carefully while they're eating them. This was several years ago, btw, and I have no idea if they've changed the formula to address that problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is important to take into consideration each dog's chewing habits, and to offer the correct size treat. I also talk with my vets regarding each pet's health, breed, breed and history. No two animals are alike. When giving any treat, take everything into consideration and consult your vet.

      Delete
  12. Beautiful Stella, I hope you will continue to eat the Greenies. It's so important and you don't want to end up like me - toothless!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stella is precious and love the quilt in the background ~ my dog hides these treats rather than chew them ~
    carol, xxx
    www.acreativeharbor.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Stella eats her treats right away, but is ladylike.

      Delete
  14. Cute Stella ... where's your Greenie? What, gone already ... want more? I firgured. Good that Mom gives you good treats :)

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly why Stella is "shaking hands"...for a treat! She definitely deserves good treats.

      Delete