Saturday, January 25, 2014

Orijen Freeze-Dried Cat Treats


As a PetMom, I am always looking for healthy treats for our FurKids. The cats do not care about that. Maggie loves any treat, though she has sensitive teeth. Chloe Jo has a sensitive tummy (& chronic health issues). Grizelda is just finicky about treats.

Dad is generous with the treats, which makes it even more important to Mom that the treats be healthy. As a long haul trucker, Bill is gone for weeks at a time. Often when he calls I put him on speaker phone so he can talk to his “Girls”: Maggie, Grizelda, Chloe Jo, and Stella. As soon as they hear his voice, they run to the kitchen and line up, knowing that Dad gives treats. Stella goes first, as she is the best behaved. Maggie & Grizelda are pretty equal, while Chloe Jo brings up the rear. As he talks to each one individually, they get their treats. It is truly amazing to watch.

Recently, Chewy.com sent "The Girls" some Orijen Freeze-Dried Cat Treats. Freeze-Dried is the only kind of cat treat that Grizelda will eat! Often Maggie and Chloe Jo will get something else as a treat. Maggie tries to steal from Grizelda after she eats her treats, though. With these treats, that was no different.

Orijen is a manufacturer out of Canada. They use only fresh ingredients of meat and fish. “Fresh” means never frozen, or exposed to heat, chemicals or preservatives. The meat and fish are delivered daily from regional sources, by Orijen’s own fleet of trucks. All meat used is antibiotic and hormone free. All fish used is wild caught.

I was happy to give these to The Girls, and curious what they would think. Maggie liked them, as I thought she would. Chloe Jo ate some, and then tried to cover the rest up. That is normal for her, though. However, Grizelda fully endorses Orijen Freeze-Dried Cat Treats. She loves them! 

Knowing what I do about Orijen, I think I do, too. I feel confident that they are healthy treats. Like I said, as a PetMom that is very important!
Grizelda

29 comments:

  1. Grizelda is so cute! I love the names you gave your 'girls.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beth! Grizelda and Chloe are littermates, but totally opposite in almost every way (except colour!). Grizelda is out Thinker. She is very serious, smart, and sweet.

      Delete
  2. OMC, that's too cute, that they'll all line up for treats when they hear Bill's voice on the speaker phone. :-)

    I've not tried the Orijen treats for the boys, should look for them next time I'm in PetSmart or PetValu, if either of them carries the brand. I'm familiar with Orijen, though, used to give the boys a bit of the kibble, though that was several years ago or more now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have someone videotape it. It is pretty funny. Thanks, Fuzzy Tales!

      Delete
  3. Chloe Jo sounds just like Fiona. Either she won't touch food and "covers it" or eats a little and then "covers it." That is so cool how they run for treats when they hear their dad's voice. Mom says she can picture it. We love hearing about your kids. Purrs and hugs, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will probably be hearing more about our Girls, all 4, this year. It is a goal of mine. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Lol, that's good. I'll remember to give the cat's that live in my house some. We also need to give them better cat food. The food that were are currently feeding them doesn't look to be that healthy. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Research, Joseph. Check it out. Maybe you can help find them a better one!

      Delete
  5. I love their reactions to hearing Bill...that is so sweet...Lucy and Roxie are fussy, too...if they love something today and we buy more of it...they will usually not touch it again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is funny, Patty. Dad did not want to lose touch with his Girls while on the road, so the speaker phone was a good solution.

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness, I love that they talk to their daddy on the phone. I haven't tried this brand of treats for my very picky little crew. Gloria is like Chloe Jo and will cover her food and treats for later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Dad loves his Girls, and spolis them. They are all Daddy's Girls.

      Delete
  7. No wonder you want the best for the girls. They are like family members and we take care of family the best we can. You sure are doing a great job.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia, that made my day. Thank you! Hugs.

      Delete
  8. These sound like some awesome, good for kitty, treats! I love how each of your girls react differently, as do mine. Grizelda is such a beautiful, fluffy girl, she should be the posterchild for black kitties! I wish people snacks would be this healthy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Animals have personalities and individual traits as people do. If we pay attention, we will see it. Thanks. We think Grizelda is pretty amazing.

      Delete
  9. Your girls are so adorable:) I love to give my cat here a treat too:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMC - who ever said you can't train cats!! I love how they cone running to your husband - even when he is on the phone. That is amazing. Oh, I did buy the book (can't remember the name right this minute, but it looks good).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our FurKids are our babies. They are very bonded to us. Bill loves them & misses them when he is on the road. Hearing his voice keeps them all bonded. It is so cute! Enjoy that book!

      Delete
  11. That's amazing an amazing testimony to how well loved and cared for your pets are! Those treats sound wonderful, but will kittens around, and adult cats that steal foster kitten food, mine don't need treats much. They try to help themselves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mimi. I really appreciate that. I do know what you mean about the treats!

      Delete
  12. I can just see the cats waiting for Dad's treats. That is so cool. I have two cats and one will eat anything and the other is very fussy. I will have to try these out. As you say, you want the treats to be healthy and these fit that bill perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your cats enjoy the treats, too. Thanks, Talon.

      Delete
  13. Lucy yelled at me… she wants to know why I am writing you a comment instead of ordering her treats!

    I just also wanted to let you know that I am hosting a Massive Valentine's Day book giveaway featuring 21 authors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy will probably love these, so make that call. I will come check out your giveaway!

      Delete
  14. We've heard great things about Orijen Cat Treats. We'll have to try them out!

    That is so cute about Bill talking to the kitties on the speaker phone. We thought *we* were the only pet parents who did that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Never heard of them, but with such a good review I'll give them a try. Love the photo of Grizelda she looks so classy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so funny. My husband is the treat dispenser at our house as well and as soon as they hear him wake up they want to come inside from their little tent city to greet him....and get their treats. I give them treats sometime as well but usually as a reward for being furminated or having nails clipped. We've never talked to them on the phone though...that gave me a chuckle.

    ReplyDelete