Friday, January 24, 2014

Snowflakes and Coffee Cakes


By Joanne DeMaio 
      
Vera returns to her New England hometown for her sister’s winter wedding. However, since her career as a big city reporter has ended she is considering staying in the quaint town. It is decided when she comes across an old country house and barn. There are many things to be repaired in the badly neglected property.  Undeterred, Vera uses her severance pay to buy the old run down place.

Vera obviously has a lot of repairs to deal with. She meets Derek at the hardware store, who quickly becomes her helper and friend. Their friendship grows as she relies on his knowledge and expertise.

During the renovation of the barn Vera discovers a secret. As the story unfolds, so does a secret and its importance to many in the town. Not only will it affect the town and its people, but also Derek. 

This is Joanne DeMaio’s third book. Her novels are as warm and sweet as the titles imply. She does not disappoint. They are a treat.

10 comments:

  1. My girlfriend's nickname is Snowflake so of course I had to read your post. It sounds like a pleasant read so I will buy the book for her. Tell me do you think it is romantic enough to give as a valentine's gift?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe Joanne has already published THREE books, in less time than it took for me to write ONE! LOL. I've been wanting to read all of her books, so I better get started on the first one pretty soon! Thanks for a great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an attractive book cover. A great book for this time of year. It sounds intriguing. Any books with secrets to be discovered is enticing.
    Hugs. Thanks,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that cover...and...the book...sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a really good book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the title of this book and I'm curious about the secret. If you keep showing me this type of book you might pull me away from my usual type of reading material which is paranormal or YA.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good read, I will add it to my list at goodreads.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a good read! Going on my list! That notion from the book of up and moving to a new town appeals to me. It always has...wonder what that means? :)

    Thank you for the enticing review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, very intriguing! I love these kinds of stories. I will have to start keeping a list of all the books I want to read this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I guess I'd better get my Kindle out and look this one up for sure. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete