Tuesday, April 8, 2014

"Farmhouse Porch Chat # 134

Come with me as I join Patrice and her wonderful horse, Wendell, for a "Farmhouse Porch Chat". They are kind enough to host this chat every Tuesday. I join in as I am able to, and encourage you to visit them! Bring carrots for Wendell!

1. What has kept you busy lately?
I am still catching up on book reviews. A few came while I was trucking for five weeks, and more have come since. I do plan to cut down on reviews, so I can do a variety of things on my blog. I want to get back to basics.
2. Are you making or creating anything?
I am working on my writing, including my poetry and animal rescue stories. These are things I would like to share more of on my blog. I also am starting Spring Cleaning, inside and outside. Hopefully that will lead to creating more full flower beds.
3. What are you really hungry for right now?
Bill should be home this Thursday, and we plan to make a roast. He is a great cook, and likes to cook something when he is home. Sometimes inside, sometimes on the grill.
4. What song has stuck in your head lately?
"Little Wing", by Derek & the Dominoes. The band featured Eric Clapton. He included it on their only album as a tribute to his friend, Jimi Hendrix, after hearing of his death. Jimi Hendrix wrote the song.

5. If I could celebrate my upcoming birthday with you, what would we do?
Well, for your birthday I would give you the choice of what you would like to do, but it would probably involve a leisurely meal.

Carrots for Wendell!

29 comments:

  1. the carrots for wendell was a nice touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Wendell and I are friends. He is awesome.

      Delete
  2. Love the carrots for Wendell too ~ Great post and visuals for OWT ~ xoxo

    artmusedog and carol (a creative harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post. Would have loved to meet Wendell, but maybe next time. I'm going over to check out her blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Join up any Tuesday! You will be glad that you did!

      Delete
  4. Excellent post! Carrots for Wendell, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice knowing updates from you. I feel that I get to know you more and more:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to stop getting review books as I was getting burned out. Now I just read for fun again! Here's my chat:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2014/04/chat-on-porch-4814.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by! I agree. The books can be very overwhelming!

      Delete
  7. It sounds like good things are going on at your place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mimi, I am working on it. It is always great to have "Dad" home, too.

      Delete
  8. Oh I wish my dh would cook every now and then- sigh- not going to happen, but a girl can dream! I like your chat, and I'll bet the carrots were enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill is a gourmet cook. Seriously. But he is very messy!

      Delete
  9. Patrice will love you for the leisurely meal, and Wendell will kiss you for the carrots. That is, if horses can kiss. I wonder how they manage that, do you know? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine it is a bit like a huge dog kiss.

      Delete
  10. I love animal rescue stories.....but I hate that they have to be rescued in the first place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. awww, you're so thoughtful to think of carrots for Wendell!

    I cannot wait to get out into my garden. Hopefully we have a spring/summer that is beautiful to make up for this long, cold winter.

    Love Little Wing!! that's a great version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly. See you at your Coffee Chat!

      Delete
  12. Always enjoy learning more about those I follow. Tom and I always cook together. I love that he enjoys cooking. We have done this together our entire marriage. Glad Bill will be home again soon. Hope he gets to stay for a little while. Hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have always cooked together, too. However, I clean up. *lol* Bill will be for a few days. It is never long enough. Hug.

      Delete
  13. You're making me hungry. Where do I find someone to make me a juicy roast? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how I wish my hubby liked to cook! Sounds like you are very busy....HOPE the rest of your week is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am blessed with a good husband (in many ways). Thanks! I hope your week is awesome, too.

      Delete
  15. Wendell told me to tell you that all of his meals are leisurely meals. The only time he hurries is when he thinks he might have to share with the pony. :)

    ReplyDelete