Friday, April 11, 2014

Friday Four Fill In #158

The "Friday Fill-In" is hosted by Hilary at Feeling Beachie . Each week, she posts statement with blanks. Our mission, should we choose to accept, is to copy the statement and fill in the blanks on our blogs. Then link up to her blog for sharing. Hilary is always looking for co-hosts and more statements for us to fill in. Please visit her, and let her know your suggestions!

The Statements & My Answers:
1. Listening to music is my way to relax and refocus. I like many kinds, so choose what I "need". 
2. My favorite song is "Both Sides Now". I have many that I love, but this one has always been particularly special to me, going back to childhood.
3. I am nothing like the women who raised me.
4. One thing I wish I could do better is fix things. It would help in Bill's necessary absence, if something broke I could repair it...like the leak under the kitchen sink! We fixed it when he got home.

Feeling Beachie

18 comments:

  1. Music is my go to soul soother too. What I choose depends often on my mood. Or like this week when I had so much cleaning - I just my iPod on random so I could get 2 hours of continuous music.

    I am so glad for the advice an older married woman gave me when I was in my 20s. I had always had room mates (female) and we always had lots of fun - plus it helps with rent obviously. But she said to live alone for at least one year before ever getting married. Learn to budget because it's all on you. Learn to fix things - because it's all you. Learn to be alone AND to enjoy it. Incredible advice that I am so glad I followed. And it's so funny that I met Left Brain pretty much when that year was up! Then moved in with him once we were married. (although living with a boy did certainly come with a few surprises! I wish she had talked about those too. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some health issues that make fixing some things more difficult. I have had both hips and knees replaced, and two ankle surgeries, so am not as flexible as I would like.

      Delete
  2. I am hopeless myself at fixing things. Even changing bulbs is beyond me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a good assistant to Bill. Some things are not a problem for me alone, but some things are, like replacing pipes and sinks.

      Delete
  3. I am slowly learning how to fix stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't easy! It does take time, and often more than one pair of hands!

      Delete
  4. i'm with you on being handy and mechanically inclined. darn it. :)

    i am too much like the woman who raised me - worry-wart, fretter. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a farm girl, I am surprised! I thought you did all kinds of handy chores!
      I am glad I am not like the women who raised me. I chose not to be.

      Delete
  5. We have music playing almost all of the time. And i'm okay at fixing a few things, but Sweetie is not much handier than i am. Oh, well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mimi, you have your own gift of nurturing. That is special.

      Delete
  6. Ah yes, we women have been strong for ages! Bravo, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm happy I happened on this post. It must be fun to fill in the blank. I like that idea. And, I learned a couple of new things about you in the process too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved music too. Filling in the blanks makes me know you more:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. McGuffy Ann, just wanted you to know that I named you as this week's featured photographer on WW! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete