Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Halo Healthsome Cat Treats


Chloe Jo equates being fed with love.  She loves to eat. She especially loves treats, and will try anything. I have to be very careful about what she eats, however.  Her tummy can be sensitive. 

Recently we received a sample of Halo Healthsome cat treats from Chewy.com. I read about it before giving it to my Girls, as always. I always do some research, because each one has different likes and different needs. 

The select seafood combo treats are a healthier alternative to other treats. Ingredients include three kids of fish, which is an easily digestible source of protein. The fiber in Healthsome comes from vegetable and fruit sources, including peas, pumpkin and tomatoes. All calories are nutritional. No fillers or sugar=no empty calories.  

Catnip is also an ingredient in these tempting treats. The treats even have taurine, an essential amino acid for cats. Taurine is important for a cat’s vision, and also for healthy teeth and gums. This crunchy cat treat also helps keep breath fresh and teeth clean. 

Chloe Jo has had this Healthsome treat a few times over the past few weeks. I am happy to say that not only does she love it, it agrees with her tummy. She had no issues with this treat, except that she wanted more! 

As always, I recommend that all PetMoms and PetDads read and research before making changes in your pet’s diet. Each pet, as with each human, has different likes and needs. If you are not sure, talk with your veterinarian first. 

Chloe Jo

14 comments:

  1. Chloe Jo is adorable. I am glad she likes her treats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth. She is our "special needs" baby.

      Delete
  2. These sound nice. Lately they have not been wanting the treats we give them, which is probably good since I doubt they are healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do have to be careful, or it leads to problems such as weight, teeth, and diabetes. Chloe Jo like them!

      Delete
  3. This one sounds good to me ... I know my cats will like it. They, unfortunately, like everything, even things they shouldn't. I like the idea of healty treats so I think I will try these ... do you know where we can buy them?

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always nice when you can find treats for the ones that need a special diet, so i'm glad Chloe Jo likes them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is difficult. Chloe Jo has a few health issues, but we work with it, and with her.

      Delete
  5. What a beauty Chloe Jo is. Those eyes really get to a person. I'll have to try a package of those (after Mario is off his diet).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Chloe Jo knows our weaknesses, and her looks do get to us. She is our baby.

      Delete
  6. With 8, you can imagine that it is I' possible to find something they all like.These sound great except for the tomato part. Tomato of any kind makes Lily Olivia hurl. Glad they are to Chloe Jo's liking. Thanks for sharing the info. Hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chloe Jo has special needs. Things that shouldn't bother her, do.

      Delete
  7. Great advice, I had a bad experience with a cat that I just fed whatever. A big lesson I learned there. I make sure that I feed my cat's the right food from now on....

    : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As with each human, each animal has different needs. A good diet is important for everyone, though.

      Delete