Monday, April 28, 2014

Meeting The Queen

Me with Stella, Queen Jester, Andrea & Izzi

Queen Jester has a blog called Life in a canned ham . She and her husband, Left Brain, travel through their retirement sharing their adventures of life on the road. I have blogged with her for quite some time. Last week I had the honour and privilege to spend time with the wonderful Queen Jester. 

On their way Home for a visit, Queen and Left Brain were traveling through my area of Illinois. Queen also blogs with my neighbour, Andrea, also a blogger.  Andrea started blogging with my encouragement and initial help, about a year after I began (three years ago). The details of our meeting were worked out, and then we went to see the Queen.

We met Queen and Left Brain at their campsite in The Chain O'Lakes State Park. They were very welcoming and friendly...exactly as I thought they would be. We also met the real bosses: George and Gracie, their two cats. They have an extensive outdoor, screened-in play area.

Queen gave us a grand tour of the "canned ham", aka RV. It is amazing how well organized, comfy and beautifully decorated their RV is. Queen is quite the artistic, crafty person. She makes many practical and useful items such as curtains, pillowcases, storage bags, covers, etc. 

Marsh

After the tour, while Left Brain went for a bike ride, we women went for lunch. We spent the next couple of hours talking and laughing. It was wonderful to share life experiences, joke and laugh together. It was as if we were old friends. At the end of the afternoon we had plans for the next day! 

The next afternoon, Andrea and I went back to the State Park, taking my Stella and Andrea's Izzi with us. Left Brain went for another bike ride while Queen walked the trails with us. When we had enough exercise, we took the dogs home and then went for ice cream! It was another Girl's Day Out. Once again, we shared various life stories, thoughts, and hearty laughs together.

When we finally took Queen back to her traveling palace, we all hugged and promised to keep in touch. It had been a wonderful two days of "Girl Talk" and female bonding. There was a genuine connection. It is a very special thing to find that connection of friendship, especially later in life. It comes more easily in childhood, where time and circumstance is on your side. Life becomes more complicated as you get older. Time is short and full of demands.


I would like to thank Queen for making time for us to visit. Thank you, Queen, for welcoming us to your wonderful home. Anytime that you are in our neighborhood, please let us know. You are more than welcome here anytime!

Deer Path


People Photo by: Left Brain, Queen's Husband
State Park Photos By: McGuffy Ann Morris


Linked to:

47 comments:

  1. How fun! I always enjoy going to Sate Parks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if you ever come here, let me know! I will meet you there!

      Delete
  2. How nice, and what fun! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reads like a good book ... it was indeed a wonderful experience. I look forward to a repeat sometime in the future. Well said, McGuffy ...

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intriquing post and fun ~ great shots for OWT ~ xoxo

    artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great post and it sounds as if you had a lot of fun with blogging friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mick. It was a great experience!

      Delete
  6. I met one of my blogging friends last fall in London and it was so much fun. How nice you all hit it off so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing how much fun it was. The laughter was great! I am glad you were able to meet a blogging friend, too.

      Delete
  7. i love that you 3 got together! i had read on andrea's blog that she was one of the queen-meeters. then the queen told me you were the other - i had no idea you and andrea were neighbors and friends! :)

    love the pic of the 3 of you and pooches, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got Andrea into blogging. We were neighbors and friends first. Queen was an instant connection. She is wonderful, too! I hope you get to meet her. She will be headed your way next fall! Heck, maybe I will someday!

      Delete
  8. Fun blog - it brought back such memories. It felt like we had just seen each other a week ago....oh wait, we did. How fast the time flies. It's like I've known both of you for years. I've already warned Jeannie that when we're in Texas we're heading her way to the Ranch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Queen, you are wonderful. I am so glad you came through here, and we were able to meet. I look forward to future visits. Stay safe in that mobile palace of yours! Hugs.

      Delete
  9. Good photos, nice bike path that place, I love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leovi. They do have great paths, bridges, and camp areas. It was fun to get together like that!

      Delete
  10. I'm glad that you got to meet 2 special blogger friends. it's so nice when we meet a blogger friend in person.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so much fun, Julia! We laughed like kids. Hugs.

      Delete
  11. this meeting brought tears to my eyes! What a special connection you all have, you are right, it is even more special to find that when we are older. Thanks so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Caren. I do think these connections are special. It was a fun time, on many levels.

      Delete
  12. Another Left Brain! Ha - I bet he's wonderful ;)

    This is my Left Brain's dream retirement - to have an RV parked in some amazing Provincial (for us) Park and spend his days entertaining people who would somehow spontaneously drop by and he'd grill dinner and then walk the trials. It's not such a bad dream really!
    Glad you got some lovely girl time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. King Left Brain is so nice. I can see you and your Left Brain living this RV life someday! If I ever get to Canada, you would be one I would love to meet. It was wonderful to talk and laugh with these friends.

      Delete
  13. That is so awesome! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great shots and sounds like a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carver. It really was a great time for all of us.

      Delete
  15. What a great opportunity. i have met a few Twitter friends, but no one from the Blog World yet. Those that I have met have been super, warm, friendly, caring people. I'm so happy you had the chance to meet up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was indeed special. I would do it again, too. Hug.

      Delete
  16. Only one thing could have made this post better...photos of the two cats. I got such a good laugh our of the name, Left Brain." What a wonderful two days you had. I really hope to make some similar connections when I go to the Blog Paws conference next week. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can meet George and Gracie if you go to Queen Jester's blog. The link is in my post! They are beautiful and sweet cats, too! Have fun at Blog Paws.

      Delete
  17. It's a special thing when we meet someone in real life we've only known online before, and we click.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Mimi. It really felt so natural and genuine.

      Delete
  18. RV's are fun, that looks like a fun place to ride your bike! I'm glad you got to visit your friends! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joseph. It was fun, and pretty special.

      Delete
  19. I have met two of my blogging friends. I am getting quite a few blogging friends in Illinois that I would love to meet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a nice experience, to connect with like minded people. We were able to really talk and laugh!

      Delete
  20. How fun! I've met three bloggie friends in person. They all live in the Atlanta area and I got together with them when I visited family in the nearby area. I'm semi-planning another trip this summer, too. There are many others I would love to meet, too....such as you, Miss McGuffy Ann! You're in the state right next to me, so it shouldn't be too difficult, huh? We'll have to see if we can work it out sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That had to be a fun meeting! I can't remember where you live, but it would be fun to meet you!

      Delete
  21. It's just wonderful to make new (and good) friends through blogging ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. I am always thankful for good friends...like you.

      Delete
  22. Truly, a really neat experience. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like such a nice time of bonding with your blogger friend. The good thing about those friendships later in life is that we don't have any of the angst that comes when we're younger. We can get right down to the things that matter. How nice that you got to meet her and spend time together.

    Thank you for stopping in this morning. Hope you'll stop back and enter my HomemadeSoapnSuch Giveaway. Three winners. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was so much fun. Thank you for your comment. I agree about the angst in early friendships. I guess it is a rite of passage. As we age, I think we know ourselves better. I entered your contest!

      Delete
  24. P.S. I'm your newest follower, via Feedly and GFC.

    ReplyDelete