Saturday, April 19, 2014

The Jelly Bean Prayer


Red is for the blood he gave.
Green is for the grass he made.
Yellow is for the sun so bright.
Orange is for the edge of night.
Black is for the sins we made.
White is for the grace he gave.
Purple is for his hour of sorrow.
Pink is for our new tomorrow.
 A basket of Jelly Beans
is colorful and sweet,
a prayer and a promise,
a very special treat.

May the joy of Christ's Resurrection
Fill your heart and Bless your life.

                                                      ~Amen~

Written by Shirley Kozak, 1990, 
Stuttgart Germany

20 comments:

  1. that is sweet. :) happy easter to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used this poem, and jelly beans of course, when I taught a bible class for kids that were three years old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the poem.
    Happy Easter Ann.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julia. It is a good one for kids. Hugs.

      Delete
  4. I love that! Thanks for sharing Ann. Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always happy to see you, Tonya. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Great! Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed reading it, being such a big fan of jelly beans! I make my mom buy me a bag of them every Easter. I

    I've never liked the black jelly beans....I think pink is one of my favorites!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked this, Joseph. You can have the pink ones. I will take the black ones; I love licorice!

      Delete
  6. That is so beautiful, thanks for sharing.
    The purple ones are my favorite.

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A thoughtful poem. New to me, and I thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blessed Easter to you! That's a lovely poem, i'd not heard it before.

    ReplyDelete
  9. we did this today in class!
    they loved it ... well mostly the jelly beans, but hopefully some of it sunk in.
    4 and 5 year olds are tricky audience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to do this with 4-6 year olds. Yes, they can be tricky!

      Delete