Sunday, April 6, 2014

"Writerly Blog Chain"

I have been tagged in the "Writerly Blog Chain" that's been hopping around the "blogosphere". Thank you to Becky Lewellen Povich for including me. Please visit her blog, and if you haven't read her memoir, now is a good time to do so! I read and reviewed From Pigtails to Chinhairs

I have been asked to answer four questions about my writing. Here are the questions and my answers:

1) What are you working on?
   I am working on a few things, actually. I am making some changes in my blog and my writing. I would like to share more of my rescue stories, poetry, and things that are important to me. I like connecting with others who can relate to me, or whom I can relate to. 

2) How does your work differ from others of its genre?
   My work is different in that it is from my observations, my experiences, my heart. I write what I know. I think that is true of most of us, which is what I expect when I read someones work. I am seeking their observations and experiences. When one can relate to another, it is magical! 

3) Why do you write what you do?
   It is cathartic and sometimes a release. I can record important things that have happened. I can tell stories that need to be told. Putting it on paper makes it tangible, and I can make sense of things. I can sort things out, if needed. It is healing. I often try to be a voice for those who have no voice, as well.

 4) How does your writing process work?
   I am always writing notes, ideas, bits and pieces of thoughts and ideas. Sometimes a prompt will inspire me, a story will form and almost write itself. Other times I will think of something that just needs to be told, such as an experience or observation. I cannot force my writing. I am always looking for inspiration, though.

I would like to invite and encourage you to check out my books, if you haven't.  "Weeds" is my poetry book. Kirkus Reviews gave it an excellent review. My children's book is titled, "Bedtime Tail". Both are available through Amazon. If you click on them in my sidebar, you will be taken there.

Now I would like to invite Brenda of BYG Adventures, and EC Stilson of The Crazy Life of a Writing Mom to answer these questions. These women have different writing styles and blogs, however I respect them both. Please visit their blogs, and read their books. They each have much to offer.

9 comments:

  1. I have loved reading the responses to these questions. I did a post of the same...and it made me stop and think for a moment. I get so wrapped up in the creative process (and lament its loss when it takes unexpected vacations) that I don't stop and think about how it occurs.

    I would love to read more of your poetry and your rescue stories. You're so right - when we read someone else's thoughts and hopes and fears and they are like our own, there is a comfort in that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great questions and answers McGuffy Ann!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice interview and beautiful kitties!!!! I love them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific Q & A, my friend. I love this: "I can sort things out, if needed. It is healing. I often try to be a voice for those who have no voice, as well."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to hear some of your rescue stories!!
    Ha - ZooZoo was reading Bedtime Tails during church service today. Her Sunday School class had been cancelled, so she was in the "big peoples" sermon with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you on #3 - sometimes i want to write but more times I need to write

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure I knew this and just forgot (yeah, silly me) that you have published works. I'm going to check those out in a sec. Did you take a look at that site for possible templates? Just let me know how I can help you, and I will be happy to do what I can for you. I enjoyed reading your answers and getting better acquainted with you MuGuffy Ann! Thanks for stopping by this morning. I am hopping late due to doctor appointments. All is well and I am ready to party with my bloggy buds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad I invited you to join in and answer the questions, McGuffy! You and I are a lot alike! Thank you for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for inviting me to participate... I will certainly do a blog post about this! <3

    ReplyDelete