Friday, May 30, 2014

Friday Fill In #165

I am sitting here in Massachusetts, at "the receiver". We are waiting for 43,000 lbs. of tomato products to be unloaded. While I have a good "hotspot" signal, I am joining in on today's regular fun. 

The "Follow Friday Four Fill-In" is hosted by Hilary at Feeling Beachie . Each week, she posts statement with blanks. Our mission, should we choose to accept, is to copy the statement and fill in the blanks on our blogs. Then link up to her blog for sharing. Hilary is always looking for co-hosts and more statements for us to fill in. Please visit her, and let her know your suggestions!

The statements & My Answers:

1. I drink coffee in the A.M., most days. The rest of the day I drink water, vitamin water, and sometimes iced tea.

2. I read constantly. I don’t review as much as I used to, because I want to share other things, too. I have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge, and reading definitely helps with that. I read mostly nonfiction, though I enjoy good literary fiction, too. The older I get, the more selective I am about what I read. The wonderful thing about reading is that it offers “something for everyone”.

3. Sometimes I wonder why people can’t just respect each other, but then I remind myself that I can’t change others, only myself. I try to always respect others, even when I disagree. Respect is what “agreeing to disagree” is all about.

4. Given the choice between cats and dogs, I’d pick both, every time. Having both in my life is a blessing. They compliment each other and life.





Feeling Beachie

26 comments:

  1. i love all animals but i figured out dogs were my favorites several years back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your answers and the series of photos. I love it.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. That'sa lotta tomatahs!!!! Woah!

    So glad you were able to jump in on the four fill-in fun!

    Love your answers! I do find myself being more selective about what I read too. I don't really 'do' those sappy romance novels...bleh. I also did NOT jump on the 50 Shades frenzy....um....no. Garbage in, garbage out. Otherwise, I do like to read wide on a variety of subjects and in a choice of genres. I do enjoy nonfiction on topics of interest.

    Have fun and be safe on your travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures and I agree with your #3.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! I want a bacon tomato sandwich now!
    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cat and the dog photo set/strip is one of my all-time favorites. Having at least a couple of each kind in our family, we absolutely understand the possibility of such bond. Heck, we all are connected; they say.

    Have a Nice Weekend!

    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved your answers too and agree with you. That picture below the post is so cute. Enjoy your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with all of your answers, but especially the cat and dog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your answers to all of this week's questions! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a lot of tomatoes! I can't even imagine the sight of that being loaded.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too hard to resist.... I drink juice to start my day, read mostly young adult fiction, sometimes wonder how people can be so cruel, and would gladly fill my house with dogs, cats, and exotic animals. :-)

    Your strip of photos is fun and sweet. I especially like the one where the cat and dog bump into one another.

    PS Now where's the photo of the tomatoes? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Agree about the cats and dogs. My problem is that i wouldn't make a good doggie mama.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't even comprehend how many tomatoes that would be but it is a lot.

    Love the photos of the dog meeting his feline friend for a walk.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! That's a whole lot of tomatoes!

    Your answers for all four questions could have been mine, exactly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. All your answers are just admirable! Love Love!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I used to have a dog...stayed with my dad when I got married. I loved him so much. But cats have been in my life since. Yours and my choices of drink are very alike. :-) You three be safe out there on the roads. Holler if you come to TN. I'll wave and wave!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like both cats and dogs and would have both but since I live on the ninth floor a dog is impractical. There was someone who lived her with a little dog she trained to a litter box.
    Aren't you glad someone else is doing the unloading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. #3 is a hard lesson to learn - one I am working on.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice knowing you more McGuffy Ann..i wish O have time to read much too:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. It baffles me too why people cannot just be kind to one another. I don't find it that hard at all - but then, I've always been surrounded by a lot of love too. so maybe that's the key: you pour out what's been poured onto you.
    All the animals! I want a whole zoo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I start out with coffee too and then water and an occasional Pepsi.
    "Agree to disagree" - sounds easy enough but in my experience more people than not simply can't grasp the concept.
    This past fall I lost my last kitty. At this stage in my life I know another would no doubt outlive me and I can't see doing that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. So sweet how the dog and cat get along!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is fun! I'd like to join in sometime, too! Enjoy your week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I keep thinking I need to do this exercise each week as what you write is always so thought provoking, and I always wonder how I would feel in the blanks. Thank you for sharing. Hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete