Saturday, June 14, 2014

Fill In Fun #167

The "Follow Friday Four Fill-In" is hosted by Hilary at Feeling Beachie . Each week, she posts statement with blanks. Our mission, should we choose to accept, is to copy the statement and fill in the blanks on our blogs. Then link up to her blog for sharing. Hilary is always looking for co-hosts and more statements for us to fill in. Please visit her, and let her know your suggestions!

I am still on the road with Bill, so am late again for Friday Fill In Fun. I will be back to a normal schedule in a couple of weeks. Trucking is hectic, but interesting. Seeing America in its natural state of being is amazing. 

The statements & My Answers:

1. Trucking is an interesting experience. Every day is an adventure! You see things and people in their natural element. There is no gloss or glitz to shade or hide things. It is a view of America’s true grit.  

2. Do you ever wonder if mankind will ever learn from past mistakes? Both in positions of power and in personal life, man tends to repeat mistakes made. He is then doomed to repeat them, again and again. Sadly, the cycle continues.  

3. When I relax I often listen to music because music enhances everything. The kind of music and/or artist changes with my mood or situation. I listen to classic country, rock, folk, blues, blue grass, and other classic genres. I am pretty traditional, and prefer the older styles that I can relate to.

4. The one food I only eat in a restaurant is calamari because it is a convenient and fun way to get something different. I love seafood. Certain things, like calamari, are “treats” when I eat out on special occasions.




Feeling Beachie

12 comments:

  1. Great answers Ann, I've never ate Calamari and just never trust I would like it, so I've never ordered it. My daughter has eaten Calamari.

    The cat in the box on the skateboard is having the time of his life.
    Hope your weekend is a good one.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. there's probably a few foods i only eat in restaurants because i'd never dare try to prepare them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum...certain foods are ordered from real cooks, unlike me...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great answers and I so agree with #2. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answers, and I am with #3. I love that cat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good answers all the way! I think your trucking adventures are especially wonderful because you get to share them and the time with Bill! I love road trips and seeing the country, I could do it full time, but trucking is a lot more work than that!

    Sadly, I have to agree with #2, though I do feel I am making some progress in my life about wiser choices, step by step. Pounding one's head against the wall repeatedly for the same reasons tends to get painful after awhile! :-)

    Music and I have a very strange relationship, though I agree that it sets the emotional tone for any situation.

    I have never tried calamari. If I like all other kinds of seafood would I like it? Someone told me it is kind of chewy. Crab legs are my very favorite dining out treat... and of course lobster if it was less expensive!

    Perfect kitty transport going on there, some like to ride the vacuum cleaner too!



    ReplyDelete
  7. Music does enhance almost everything, and it is sad that the human race doesn't seem to ever really learn.

    Truckers are heroes to me, they do a very difficult job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love calamari too! One of my favorite things to eat!~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like you the only time I eat calamari is in a restaurant, it makes for a special dinner. I agree with you completely on #2.

    I love all types of music including some classical but at the moment AC/DC is playing in the background. I love rock and metal.

    The cat on the skateboard kind of sums up what is going on in my living room at the moment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you're off traveling the country! !!?? How wonderful! !! I saw the cat in the box and had to read this post...gonna go check the host out. I really like this idea. You did a great job on these!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love calamari only when it is hot!! otherwise it gets rubbery!!! love the kitty paying in the box.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Um NO on the calamari...eww! LOL! Will mankind ever learn from it's mistakes- I wish more members of mankind would...and then the ones who do learn need to speak up instead of watching it all go to heck in a hand basket from a distance.

    ReplyDelete