Friday, August 15, 2014

Friday Fill In Fun #176

The "Follow Friday Four Fill-In" is hosted by Hilary at Feeling Beachie. Each week, she posts statement with blanks. Our mission, should we choose to accept, is to copy the statement and fill in the blanks on our blogs. Then link up to her blog for sharing. Hilary is always looking for co-hosts and more statements for us to fill in. Please visit her, and let her know your suggestions!

The statements & My Answers:

1. When do you give up on your “dreams” and become comfortable with your reality? I think that some people struggle with this, especially as they grow older. The secret is to choose carefully as you navigate through life.  Change what you can, and accept the things you cannot change. The “Serenity Prayer” is simple truth.

2. Why is it that people often feel that they need to give advice or “fix” other people? Acceptance is a gift that everyone appreciates. We all want to be liked for who we are, not who others think we are. It is hard to try to live up to expectations, and it leads to unhappiness.

3. During a power outage I find myself enjoying the peace and quiet of no technology. I appreciate hearing my own thoughts without distraction. I am often inspired to write at that time.
                                                                                                                                      
4. Singing in the car is usually pretty safe. However, try not to call attention to yourself, or it could be embarrassing (not to mention dangerous). 




Linked to:
Feeling Beachie

18 comments:

  1. Agreed, we all want to be liked for who and what we are, not what others think we are or should be. I love times of silence too, though writing with a pen is too hard for my arthritic fingers, so I need my laptop and it's battery to record my reflections. I think we all would do well with spending some quiet time with our thoughts each day. We get so busy, and then so tired, that we never listen to what our heart says.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the last one is too cute. i enjoy quiet a LOT. and the first two are full of things to ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dog sining while driving. LOL!
    I say never give up on your dreams. Maybe tweak them a bit but dreams are what keep us young at heart and make life worth living.

    During a power outage I wonder what time my hubby will be home. He works for the power company and outages mean long hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the car alone is the only place i do sing out loud! If someone thinks i'm crazy, well, for that moment, they are right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Serenity Prayer is alive and well in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Much to ponder for sure, and you are spot on if you ask me with your replies! I sure do hope look as cute as that doggy singing when I do that! Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So good to see you again. Thanks for visiting too. I'm hoping I'm back on track now with time to read blogs like I like to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great answers and I so agree with your first two.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Number 1 and 2 certainly are things to think about! I agree with you, and hope that I will always remember it! But I do believe it's important to dream...

    ReplyDelete
  10. #1 is a place where I have been currently residing of late. Wresting, actually.

    And #4? Oh my - I do this ALL the time. It's like therapy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the answer to #2. So true!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. As always, excellently done, and the meme is purrfect. XO, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your answers! so thought provoking

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you can be happy in your reality and still have dreams. I think dreams make our life fuller, gives us something to work toward so we don't stagnate. It would be sad to think there was nothing to look forward to. I'm with you on the power outage. I enjoy quiet time. Enjoyed reading your post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I could not NOT stop by - the picture caught me!
    Hope all is well and you are happy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your photo of the dog singing in the car. LOL!!!

    I agree about the unhappiness. Some folks try to impress too much.

    GREAT answers.

    ENJOY the rest of your weekend.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Follow Friday Four Fill-In

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very deep and thoughtful answers to #1 and #2 indeed. Though 'to give up' on dreams is too harsh in my mind. Yes, we need to adjust to reality as we go along our path, however a life without dreams would be ... hm... like your favorite dish without spice. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am convinced that I must look like a total nutter when driving --- because I SING!! I don't hold back -- it's the only time I get to let loose. LOL
    I am a firm believer in the notion that you don't necessarily give up your dreams; but that it's entirely possible that dreams can change according to your circumstances. It's all about seizing the chances presented.
    Giving you a standing ovation for #2 :)

    ReplyDelete