Friday, August 15, 2014

Pondering a Picture & Poem

                                                                   
Lines 

I walked a fine line.

The old fence
casting long shadows,
plunging things into
cold darkness.
But you were there,
in the darkness,
I saw you, across
the deep, icy chasm.
You were standing
alone, hands on hips,
as if to ask where
I had been, what
took me so long
to find you. 



         Linked to:               

Prompt: "Stand"


Previously linked to:
Poets United
&
imaginary garden with real toads


Poem & Picture: McGuffy Ann Morris
Originally posted: May 19, 2013

16 comments:

  1. love that shot! beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo and love the shadows on the fence, beautifully composed. I also enjoyed your poem very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shadow of a fence on another fence. Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat fence shadow shot and I like your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one, this is one of your most special poems. It speaks to me, and it makes me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice photo, and a thoughtful poem to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is some creative talent. Taking a picture of one fence, and the shadow of another is priceless! I like the poem with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'across the deep, icy chasm' -- I am deeply impressed with this phrase in your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have creative talents Ann. I love the fence shadow photo and the poem.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love the way you match pix and poems...it's purr fect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh you knocked this one out of the park!! A pic, a poem, and a ponder = perfection! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the photo and the poem. Hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  13. Moving poem and love the fence! Fergus and Stella would have had a wonderful time! The Ferg managed to survive but he was sure happy to be home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful poem thanks for pondering
    with me!

    ReplyDelete