We have not accepted an award in quite some time. However, after some careful thought we are both honoured and humbled to accept the Butterfly Light Award from The Cat on My Head.
This award was given to Don Charisma by Belinda of Idiot Writing. She apparently created the award as appreciation to him for his help in repairing her computer. He has asked that we always link back to her for creating such a special award, as we continue to spread the light.
The conditions of accepting the Butterfly Light award are as follows:
1. Write an acceptance post, making sure you link back to the blogger who awarded you and thank them. You may not add this award to a post with other awards. Thank you so much, Janet & Kitties Blue for this Butterfly Light Award. I adore you and appreciate your friendship. Hugs.
2. Individually name and re-award a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 9,999,999 bloggers. You must let them know either personally with a comment on their blog or a "pingback".
Listed below are the bloggers I am nominating for the Butterfly Light Award. They have spread the light to me and many others on numerous occasions. I have selected them for the reasons I list next to their name.
*From the Sol~Andrea~for the way she shares her photography and art, especially those of animals and nature. She also tries to always be hopeful and encouraging of others.
*Katie Isabella~for the way she makes others smile and the way she shares her connection with her human Mom.
*Mario's Meowsings~for Mario & M's gentle ways, and their awareness and education regarding health issues, both animal and human.
*Through Squirrel Eyes~for their continued dedication to fostering and caring for animals, especially those with special needs.
3. Link back to Belinda at her blog Idiot Writing or her Profile Page , for creating this unique and special award.
4. Write a short paragraph entitled: “How I’m Spreading Light” or “How I’m A Positive Influence”.
This is something that I find difficult. I am not one to "blow my own horn". I wish I could quote the email that I received from Kitties Blue. That would explain why I was touched enough to accept this award. I like their idea of the person who nominates you saying why they are giving you the award. However, I will respect the conditions of the award. My essay is as follows:
How I Am Spreading Light:
I am particularly passionate about animal advocacy and rescue. I have been involved in animal rescue for over thirty years, and am a former veterinary technician. I have a special gift for bottle feeding newborn kittens, bunnies, and other orphans. I believe it is a God-given gift. It is a special connection that I feel blessed by. I also advocate treating other humans with respect, courtesy and acceptance. I believe that we each have been given gifts in life. It is our responsibility and obligation to discover and share our gifts. In doing this we create a better world for ourselves and each other. Through life experience I have learned the importance of communication. Just as I am always open to learning, I try to share things that I have learned with others. My blog is a way to share my thoughts, observations, and experiences through my poetry, stories, musings, and photographs. I try to be a voice for those without a voice.
5. Display Belinda’s lovely “Butterfly Light Award” badge on your blog, which you can see above. I have included this beautiful award on my Award page, at the top of my blog.