Friday, September 12, 2014

Friday Fill-In Fun #180

The "Follow Friday Four Fill-In" is hosted by Hilary at Feeling Beachie. Each week, she posts statement with blanks. Our mission, should we choose to accept, is to copy the statement and fill in the blanks on our blogs. Then link up to her blog for sharing. Hilary is always looking for co-hosts and more statements for us to fill in. Please visit her, and let her know your suggestions!

The statements & My Answers: #180:

1. The beach is a wonderful place to find artifacts and observe nature. I love beaches along Lake Superior. You can sometimes find pieces of history, as well as shells and stones. You can always find many species of birds and nature there.

2. Smart phones are a necessary evil. I live in a rural area, have health issues, and am alone much of the time. For many people like me it is a lifeline.  However, I also think that as a society we have become too reliant on such technology as the smart phone. We need to remember to put down the phones and technology and interact with life and each other.

3. I like to read, especially before I go to sleep. It helps me clear my mind of the clutter of the day and relax away tension 

4. My dream for everyone would be to treat others with courtesy, acceptance, and respect. If we can remember to treat others the way we want to be treated we would all be happier.



Linked to:
Feeling Beachie

16 comments:

  1. Love this! Going to jump in on Friday Fill-in today! :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! I can really relate to the Iphone....I have it with me as much as my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i do have my smart phone with me at all times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you about beaches, they are my favorite places to relax. I love my smart phone and carry it with me when I'm out and about but when I'm home it sits on the counter and rarely gets used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phone make for a warm bed sometimes! LOL.
    we are hooked on cell phones now too, we have health issues also. makes it hard to save money when everything costs so much.
    Faythe @ GrammyMouseTails

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beaches are fun to explore.
    I never thought about a phone the way you do, it makes sense.
    I read before I go to sleep as well.
    Yes I think "lack of respect" for others is America's number 1 fault these days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lack of respect irks me...so do people who cannot leave their phones alone and enjoy a real face to face (not FaceTime) conversation....:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been on the opposite side of Lake Superior doing the same!! Or taking pictures of what we call The Sleeping Giant.
    Phones are definitely a necessary evil. but hopefully we all remember our manners when necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Almost every person has commented about the Smartphones taking over our lives and ruining personal interaction. It is very true.

    ENJOY your weekend.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Follow Friday Four Fill-In

    ReplyDelete
  10. A phone i need, but not one smarter than me. After all, i have teens, i don't need anything else in the house that's smarter than i am!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great fill ins. I only have a basic cell phone just to stay in contact with my husband and son and daughter in law and for safety on the road. I rarely use it but it's always with me. I've lived a long life without it and all was well but I must say it's very convenient.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  12. The kitty meme is hysterical. As usual you have given some very thoughtful responses. I have never passed any awards on to you as your little badge says you are an Award Free Blog. It would give me great pleasure to pass the Butterfly Light Award on to you, as I believe your blog epitomize the essence of it. Just let me know. Hope you will join us tomorrow for our Sunday Selfies Blog Hop. XO, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic fill-ins this week. I especially agree with the 'evil' of smartphones...but when necessary in your case, it's a god send.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am very much with on the beach, so relaxing. And smartphones - well, yes, they definitely are necessary. An evil? Maybe, it depends very much on the person controlling it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. what great answers - especially #4

    ReplyDelete