Thursday, October 9, 2014

For Chloe Jo


Thank you all for your purrs and prayers for Chloe Jo. She really needs them right now, and we appreciate them, too. Chloe Jo is a very special girl. Everyone who knows her adores her, as she does them.

I wanted to take a moment to tell you about Chloe Jo, and perhaps why she is so special. 
Chloe Jo has a lifelong history of serious and chronic autoimmune health problems. Currently she is having bladder/kidney issues. Not responding to medication yet, she is uncomfortable and withdrawn. She doesn't want to eat and is sick at her tummy, too. It is hard to see her in pain.

Chloe Jo is very infantile in her thinking and behaviour. This makes her loving and social, but also very dependent and impetuous. She takes daily medication and wears a "calming collar". The collar has pheromones similar to a mother cat. This helps to alleviate feelings of stress. She will always be our baby.

I bottle fed Chloe Jo and her three siblings from the time they were newborns. I told a bit of their story hereThe litter was very ill; Moon (the only brother) and Chloe Jo almost died. Those two never quite "grew up" emotionally/mentally, having persistent autoimmune problems. 

At about twelve weeks, Moon and Willow (the other sister) were adopted by a young childless couple, while Chloe Jo and Grizelda stayed with us. Grizelda and Willow fully recovered from the early illness. Chloe Jo and Moon still had issues. Fighting his chronic health issues, Moon sadly passed away at his second birthday. That is Moon up in my header. He will live forever in my heart.

This litter is deeply embedded in me. They were so very sick. I did chest thumps and we ran humidifiers constantly. I fed them every half hour to an hour for two weeks, gradually increasing the time as they could breathe. It was a cycle where I barely slept, just to keep them alive. We did what had to be done for them; they were fighters. 

We struggle with Chloe Jo's health all of the time, knowing Moon is just beyond the Rainbow. Born on Thanksgiving 2010, they will be four years old next month.

Thank you to everyone for their good wishes and for caring. Thanks especially to Ann of Zoolatry for her kindness in asking for "Purrs and Prayers for Chloe Jo". We also thank her for taking the time to create this special badge for Chloe Jo. We appreciate each kindness.

31 comments:

  1. We sure are continuing to send our best purrs and prayers to Chloe Jo. We sure know how difficult times like this can be for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard to see an animal suffer, so best wishes to you and Chloe Jo. You have a lot of love and kindness invested in her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww. poor sweet girl. good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...I know how you feel, McGuffy. Get well soon, Chloe baby...Sending healing prayers to Chloe Jo ~
    All the best ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. God Bless you all and dear sweet Chloe Jo especially right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so sad to hear of Chloe Jo's health issues. I'm purring right now for her and M said she'll have Chloe Jo in her thoughts and prayers. We both hope she gets better soon. You are a good critter mom friend, and we know how hard this has to be on you. M sends big HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have done so much to keep those babies alive, McGuffy Ann. I can feel just how deeply they are "in" you. I hope Chloe Jo willcontinue her struggle to live, and that she pulls through. Will be thinking ofyou, and her.

      Delete
  7. I am purring so hard for Chloe Jo. Mom says she knows how hard it is to see your baby sick and in pain. She will be in our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in tears. All of your babies are so dear and most of all, deeply deeply loved. I understand completely how it is to have a sick fur baby but to have these wee ones and bottle feeding them too...they are extra extra extra special. Chloe Jo, please darling, get better and I will include you as well into my prayers. Kisses sweet baby. Lots of kisses and Katie sends headbonks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Ann, my heart goes out to you and Chloe Jo. I know how difficult it is to see animal suffer like that. It must be so very painful for her physically and emotionaly for you and Bill. My prayers for Chloe Jo.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor sweetheart. We're continuing to purr and purray for her. Lots of hugs and universal Light to you all.

    Blessings and Peace.

    Kim, Nicki and Derry

    ReplyDelete
  11. continmewed blessings from St Francis two ewe Chloe Jo; we hope ewe can get past this and yur headed two de roads... health & happee nezz... ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chloe Jo is a special girl, I am praying for her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My heart aches for your precious girl. I'll keep praying for her, and also for you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Ann, I am so sorry to hear Chloe Jo is not feeling well. I and all my kitties are sending prayers and purrs her way. Maybe it's just coincidence but my little girl that I fought so hard to save when she was a kitten jumped on my lap just as I opened your blog. Perhaps her head bumps and snuggles are her way of saying that Chloe Jo will be just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We purr that Chloe Jo will be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are praying hard for your very lovely girl, and we posted her badge in our sidebar. We know that purrs and prayers can bring about miracles. Sending all our love. XO, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo and Mom Janet

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I am so sorry for poor Chloe Jo!! will certainly say prayers for her. poor kitty - what a sweetheart she seems and how wonderful of you for how much you have cared for her.

    ReplyDelete
  18. sending all of the healing purrs that we can muster! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. My prayers are with you and Chloe-Jo. I had one of those special cats who was born with problems like that. It was hard to let him go but eventually it was the best thing we could have done for him. He is still with me in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lucy and I are purring like made for Chloe Jo and we asked Alex to look over her as well and help make her feel better….

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so sorry she is not feeling well. Sending prayers for her and you..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Please do tell us all that she is feeling better!!!

    I just hate reading that ANY of 'our' furbabies in blogland aren't feeling up to par.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sending you continued purrs of healing and comfort..

    ReplyDelete
  24. So sorry to hear of this. There's nothing more distressing than a loved one who is ill....especially the furry kind. We will keep her in our prayers and hope that she is soon out of pain.

    ReplyDelete
  25. McGuffy,
    We send a lot of positive vibes for Chloe Jo!
    Best wishes to y'all.

    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. We hope she's improving today; continuing to send purrs and purrayers!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I can't believe I just saw this! I am so sorry. She is in my prayers right now and always!

    ReplyDelete
  28. We are sending prayers and healing wishes for Chloe Jo. She sounds like a very special girl who you have taken wonderful care of.
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm sorry to hear Chloe Jo isn't well. Prayers are being uplifted on her behalf. I know it's difficult to see your fur baby ill, but the God we serve cares for a creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Stopping over to let you know we are sending you our healing purrs and Mom is putting Chloe Jo in her prayers every night too. Hang in there.
    Marty

    ReplyDelete